• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby TV Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tah and feathered

Watty Friend (18)
i always thought it was for the chimp detective show, "Lancelot Link", saturday morning TV in the 70's.
Ewen is a dead spit of the star chimp
just google
Eddie Jones gave it too him when both were playing at Randwick
Eddie said Ewen was the missing link between Neothandal man and modern man
Previously he was called chuckles

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Jeez,can we give it a rest?
If she printed things that were incorrect,the injured parties would be rubbing their hands with glee.
It is highly unusual for a major newspaper to libel someone over a sustained period of time.
I'm very confident that the papers editorial & legal teams ensured they were covered very early in the piece.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
If she printed things that were incorrect,the injured parties would be rubbing their hands with glee.
It is highly unusual for a major newspaper to libel someone over a sustained period of time.
I'm very confident that the papers editorial & legal teams ensured they were covered very early in the piece.

It's far from over mate. There may be injured parties just waiting to play their Joker. You can be as confident as you like but that doesn't make you right. So maybe stick to the 'if you don't like it, don't read it' thing instead of telling others to give it a rest. The mods will nuke it if it breaks the rules.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Give it a rest was an attempt at being diplomatic.
It's childish to want to blame the messenger.
Many things she had written in the past two weeks reflect poorly on Link's management decisions.
That doesn't mean he's not a good guy, or that he can't coach.

Let's remember that it wasn't GR's decision to sack Link.
Link quit.

Given the coach admitted he had lost the dressing room in only a little over a year.I think it would have been incompetent for a journo not to report of any disquiet in this period.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I disagree with most of your post but I have up until this point managed to keep out of all the Beale crap and the flow on from that and I'm not about to get into it now.
Suffice to say I am confident that there is a lot more going in here.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Happy to agree to disagree.
If we all had the same view,every thread would be one post,with a heap of "likes".
I also think there are many things that remain unreported,but that doesn't make the things that have been reported invalid IMO.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

It's all in the wording.............

Fairfax quickly retracted their original smear article on Patston regarding her LinkedIn page, but continue to refer to that story by making claims that they "found inconsistencies" in it, and then either fail to mention that everything was cleared up regarding her background, or refer to such clarifications as being "odd" or "strange" to muddy the issue.................

Any reputable journalist would simply not refer it as the story was proved bogus and Patston's qualifications authenticated..................

That story combined with the completely irrelevant report regarding the spider bite law suit, and the unsubstantiated, unattributable "unnamed" source claims regarding her alleged activities while working for the Wallabies........... it's just complete gutter journalism usually found in the tabloids and gossip magazines.

File it next to which Home & Away stars are having a secret affair and Princess Kate's alien triplets.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It's all in the wording.....

Fairfax quickly retracted their original smear article on Patston regarding her LinkedIn page, but continue to refer to that story by making claims that they "found inconsistencies" in it, and then either fail to mention that everything was cleared up regarding her background, or refer to such clarifications as being "odd" or "strange" to muddy the issue.......

Any reputable journalist would simply not refer it as the story was proved bogus and Patston's qualifications authenticated......

That story combined with the completely irrelevant report regarding the spider bite law suit, and the unsubstantiated, unattributable "unnamed" source claims regarding her alleged activities while working for the Wallabies..... it's just complete gutter journalism usually found in the tabloids and gossip magazines.

Reputable journalists can and do find anything they can in the public domain relating to an individual in the middle of a big story. It's generally irrelevant and often damaging but it is certainly common.

Fairfax did pull the initial story relating to the LinkedIn profile but if you follow it through, they posed questions to the ARU regarding qualifications and work experience that were claimed outside of the LinkedIn article and they either didn't get a response or clarifications were issued in regards to contradictions in prior employment history etc.

I completely agree that the tactics used were grubby and were only ever going to have the result of publicly undermining and humiliating Patston but to suggest that this is an unusual avenue for journalists to take seems naive.

My guess is that McKenzie's resignation will make Fairfax feel vindicated in their coverage of the issue and their assertion that there was far more happening at the ARU and the Wallabies than just Beale fucking up. I am guessing that if they were attacked based on what they'd printed now they'd stand by everything they said.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
<snip>. it's just complete gutter journalism usually found in the tabloids and gossip magazines.
<snip>

Isn't that part of their DNA?
Some would say that tabloid gossip is precisely what Grumbles produced for the SMH for many years.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Rugby HQ has goooooone the way of the Sydney Stars.

Wednesday Nights will see its replacement shown: Rugby 360.

The demise of Rugby HQ will not see the end of Greg Martin. He and Kafe will co-host Rugby 360 by the sounds of things.

First show is scheduled for Wednesday February 24 on Fox Sports at 7:30pm.
FOXSPORTS’ successful “360” stable is adding a rugby franchise, with Rugby 360 to be launched later this month on the eve of the Super Rugby season.
As part of a shake-up that has seen the long-running Rugby HQ program dumped, Rugby 360 will follow in the footsteps of the popular AFL and NRL 360 programs and delve deeper into the pressing issues of the game.
Former Wallabies Greg Martin and Rod Kafer will be the two hosts for the Wednesday night show, and as per the other codes, regular panellists will join the show on a rotating basis.
There will be a pair of high-profile players, two coaches and a pair of “legends” who will alternate appearances.
“One of the challenges of the shows that we’ve always done is there so much to get through in every show it can be hard to cover every issue,” Kafer said.
“The nice thing about 360 is we’ll get the chance to look into things with a much keener focus and expose them to some critical thought.”

Rugby 360 will premiere on February 24 at 7.30pm.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...n/news-story/b84ac5034df985ee76321703fa3bab21

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Yes my thoughts exactly. 'Delve deeper into the pressing issues' and Marto shouldn't be used in the same sentence.
No Nick McArdle either by the sounds of it?!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Sounds like a platform for Marto to have a whinge about JOC (James O'Connor) and other players he doesn't like.

And then whinge about the ARU when they don't pick Quade. And then whinge about Quade when he is picked and doesn't play well.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Couldn't agree more BH81. It is as if they have him there to create controversy sadly. It takes an astute mind to do 'controversy' well, and unfortunately for all involved, it is still up for debate whether Marto has a mind at all.

I was looking forward to the Rugby Club coming back but can't say I'm enthused about this at all. I'll check it out and give it a chance but my hopes are not high.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I dont mind Greg Martin. Goes ott but dont mind him. Not sure about Kafer. Of course 360 not likely to be of any great depth or interest.

Just make sure the Gr & G podcast keeps getting better. I'm completely confident we can do better than Fox. Possibly expand the podcast for visuals?

Status
Not open for further replies.