• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Run IN to the SEMIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
PaarlBok said:
steiner said:
Tahs bonus point
Wont happen
steiner said:
Bulls beat Sharks or Sharks win without bonus point
Brutes will beat them, they nowhere near the same team that won the CC

steiner said:
Blues beat Crusaders or Crusaders win without bonus point (but not by much)
Impossible
steiner said:
Chiefs beat Brumbies or Brumbies win without bonus point
Chiefs will clubber the Brumbies
I reckon you're half right PB. Blues beat Crusaders - impossible? Not in this comp. Crusaders miss a BP - highly possible.
Chiefs to clobber Brumbies? Well, they would be favourites, but I would be very cautious about writing the Brumbies off. They have played some pretty devastating rugby in the past month. If they turn it on, they can beat anyone.
I realise your genetic makeup precludes EVER conceding an Aussie team might do anything... ;)

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I wouldn't be suprised to see the Blues win.

Actually, I would be, but over the years the Bluesers have pulled out great performances against the Cru when they've been the underdogs.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
PB had a bad weekend with his tipping and he's determined to prove he was right by making the same mistakes for the coming weekend :fishing

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I feel very nervous about the Sharks Bulls game. Those last minute decisions and passes could suddenly go right for the Sharks. They are by no means the underdogs in this game. My big worry is that they beat seven type of shit out of each other and end up getting more injuries leading into the Lions series.

Tahs should be careful not to underestimate the Lions at home. They will have Grobbelaar and Fourie back which is a lot of their mojo and their pack gave the Clan a good smacking. Tahs are big favorites but be careful.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
cyclopath said:
I reckon you're half right PB. Blues beat Crusaders - impossible? Not in this comp. Crusaders miss a BP - highly possible.
Chiefs to clobber Brumbies? Well, they would be favourites, but I would be very cautious about writing the Brumbies off. They have played some pretty devastating rugby in the past month. If they turn it on, they can beat anyone.
I realise your genetic makeup precludes EVER conceding an Aussie team might do anything... ;)
You know what Cyc, you and Biffo just motivate myself from going from this place. I havent said anything about Aussie teams and you two just keep on jumping on your prejucal wagon. ::) Bye!

S

Spook

I think the Chiefs could potentially clap the Brumbies. The Brumbies forwards all need to put their bodies on the line. Chiefs strong strong favourites though.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
PaarlBok said:
cyclopath said:
You know what Cyc, you and Biffo just motivate myself from going from this place. I havent said anything about Aussie teams and you two just keep on jumping on your prejucal wagon. ::) Bye!
Relax, PB. I disagreed with your opinion, and wrote a post outlining why I did. The last line had a winky - I thought you might get the fact I was pulling your leg. But if you don't, well that aint my problem. And the last bit WAS about an Aussie team - you were writing the Brumbies off, and I was pointing out why that might be unwise to do. The dig was 'cos you almost never back an Aussie team if there's a Kiwi or Saffer team involved. That's fine. If all that was hard to take, I wonder how you manage to stay on TSF!!
So I fail to see how I jumped on any wagon , prejudicial or otherwise.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
PaarlBok said:
cyclopath said:

:fishing know what that means? gotcha :)

C

chriscullen

The Nz and Qld TABs obviously disagree on the finals. The NZ Tab has The tahs $8 to make the top 4( amazing odds really) whilst qld tab has them at only $2.75. Both have similar odds on the overall winner. $3.25 Bulls,Chiefs,$3.50 Canes and $7.50 Crusaders.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Biffo said:
:fishing know what that means? gotcha :)

That's not very helpful.

For the record, I side with PB on this but after messaging all of you I'm not going to intervene any more. Whoever is civil can stay.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Righto time to bring this one back. After the Chiefs won vs the Brumbies, Meaning good bye Brumbies & Chiefs with at least a home semi.

Like I said on the match thread this result means:

Brutes now only need a win to slot in at the top of the log. If they get that......no wont go futher, leave it for next week.

Sharks, Tahs, Saders & Canes next to come.

Tonight the Lions vs Tahs next one. The Tahs need a 5 pointer and a big win to stay alive. If they dont.......Sorry will leave that for the results.

But lets stay with whats gone and what the Chiefs will like. They will want the Brutes to lose to go right at the top and hope the Canes/Saders join them in 2nd, meaning a home final if ........ag vok lets just leave it. :lmao:

Man this is a good competition and why o why they want to change it, fuck knows. :angryfire:

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The Tahs got the five points, but it wasn't a big enough win. The Saders points differential is +31 compared to the Tahs' 29, all the Saders need to do is win.

Go the Blues!

Table to end up:

46 Bulls
45 Chiefs
44 Canes
41 Saders
41 Tahs
38 Brumbies
36 Sharks

As I remarked elsewhere Carter's hogging habit really has cruelled the Tahs' campaign this year. If I was management I'd punt him.

Status
Not open for further replies.