• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Tahs 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The Tahs are getting together a pretty good backline together and now our pigs are disappearing.

NO Vickerman, Elsom, Lyons, Freier and there are some very very big boots to fill.

With no coach in place for next year we are letting every franchise & O/S pick over the bones.

Memo to the NSWRU - GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER!

F

formeropenside

fatprop said:
The Tahs are getting together a pretty good backline together and now our pigs are disappearing.

NO Vickerman, Elsom, Lyons, Freier and there are some very very big boots to fill.

With no coach in place for next year we are letting every franchise & O/S pick over the bones.

I thought Palu and TPN were starting for the Tahs these days.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
formeropenside said:
fatprop said:

I thought Palu and TPN were starting for the Tahs these days.

You are only as good as your bench

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Elsom and Vicks are huge losses (has Elsom confirmed he is out though? Thought NSW was still an option for him), with Mumm and Mowen hopefully coming in to the side.

But saying that, Beale will be a year more experienced, as will Horne. A new coach tends to reinvigorate a tired side, and lets hope that happens to the Tahs.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The Tahs need an experienced quality lock over 2m tall who plays tight, Al Campbell looks the best option.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Grandmaster Flash said:
fatprop said:
The Tahs need an experienced quality lock over 2m tall who plays tight, Al Campbell looks the best option.

Sure about that?

Name another Aus lock of over 2m. He was captain of Aus A last year and would suit the Tahs style of direct forward play over the Brumbies

S

Spook

It's a pity Wallace-Harrison is off. I'm gutted Vickerman is leaving. He is just returning to his best form again. He never peaked for OZ IMO due to injury at crucial times.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
fatprop said:
Grandmaster Flash said:
fatprop said:

Sure about that?

Name another Aus lock of over 2m. He was captain of Aus A last year and would suit the Tahs style of direct forward play over the Brumbies

Its time for Adam Byrnes from Easts. He's tall, a lineout freak, lives in the tight, and is already in the academy.

Campbell is the biggest softcock on the planet. The Brumbies are perfect for him.

T

Turban

fatprop said:
Grandmaster Flash said:
fatprop said:

Sure about that?

Sitaleki Timani, he's off but I'm sure if another Aust. team had made an offer he would have hung around, he's only 22.

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
Turban said:
fatprop said:
Grandmaster Flash said:
fatprop said:

Sure about that?

Sitaleki Timani, he's off but I'm sure if another Aust. team had made an offer he would have hung around, he's only 22.

He's gone too the Brumbies.

http://brumbies.com.au/act.rugby/page/54001

S

Spook

Ash, who was the gouger in that photo?

It'll be interesting to see how the Tahs go without Vickerman and possibly Rocky - the two best lineout jumpers in Oz (with Horwill probably). Furthermore, the blokes on the bench keep the top players hungry.

Brumbies will have two 2 metre players next season (as they did with AWH) ;D. That bloke from the Force is a monster. Richard Stanford is 1.98cm, could be a good recruit for the Tahs. Kimlin is the same height but you won't get him :thumb Kimlin will be bigger and better next year.

T

Turban

AussieDominance said:
Turban said:
fatprop said:
Grandmaster Flash said:
fatprop said:

Sure about that?

He's gone too the Brumbies.

http://brumbies.com.au/act.rugby/page/54001

Thats good news, I heard he had gone to Japan.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Spook said:
Ash, who was the gouger in that photo?

Not sure. The incident is a few years old now, and I couldn't find anything on it. Anyone else have any clue?

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Found it. It was in 1999 and not by a particularly big name...no wonder. I believe Roberto Grau was actually a prop. Apparently (and my memory vaguely corrobates it?) nothing ever came of the incident - no charges were laid.

http://wesclark.com/rrr/tenpin.html

From Life magazine's "Best image covering the world of sports"
Stuart MacFarlane - photographer, Sports Illustrated - Oct. 11, 1999

It looks like a textbook bowling grip, but the game depicted here is rugby and the "ball" is the head of Welsh hooker Garin Jenkins. Captured by Stuart MacFarlane during a Rugby World Cup match between Wales and Argentina in Cardiff last October, the image of rough and ready rugby hasn't gotten as much exposure in America since the 1963 film This Sporting Life.

When a throw-in resulted in this collision - and an extracurricular massage by Argentine forward Roberto Grau - MarFarlane's lens caught what the referees did not. Such behavior is not unusual for rugby, says MacFarlane, 33, who has worked for the British photo agency Colorsport for 12 years, "but is rare that anyone gets a photo of it." The gouging Grau was not penalized and Jenkins got up, rubbed his eye and continued playing for the Welsh team, which went on to win the game but lose the World Cup.

Jenkins has since acquired a new nickname: "Tenpin."

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
fatprop said:

Surely you jest? He is not S14 standard and barely makes an impact at club level. The fact that he has played for the Wallabies is a reflection of our poor forward strength not that he is good. Just because you dont see him all game doesnt mean he is playing tight. He doesnt do anything. Size isnt everything. Campbell is rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.