• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Tahs Saviour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Not that I've read yet but he must be getting close... funny I was thinking exactly the same thing about 2 hours ago ; got to the point of googling it then remembered I've got buckley's of spelling his name and went back to work..

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Just what the Tahs need! Another winger in NSW who will never see the ball.

Anyhoo Ratu in on the wing, Turner to FB, SNK to 10 ?

C

chriscullen

I see the nz tab has the blues $1.60, tahs $2.25 Get on a high scoring draw.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
formeropenside said:
He is, of course, a Queenslander. Funny that.

from HSBC Waratahs - Home Page
Ratu Nasiganiyavi
Position: Wing
Physical: 196cm, 125kg
Born: 31.01.88, Sigatoka FIJ
Club: Randwick
Provincial Caps: 0
Provincial Points: -
Provincial Debut: -
Super 12/14 Caps: 0
Super 12/14 Points -
Super 12/14 Debut: -
Test Caps: 0
Test Points: -
Test Debut: -

Ratu Nasiganiyavi was one of the finds of the 2008 season, with his hard-running and tryscoring prowess earning the powerhouse wing a Super 14 contract with the Waratahs.

After featuring for Perth Spirit in the 2007 Mazda Australian Rugby Championship, Nasiganiyavi headed east and instantly hit the ground running for Randwick scoring 13 tries in his first seven matches. His club Rugby season was punctuated with the IRB Junior World Championship, where he crossed seven times in five matches to be the tournament's leading tryscorer.

The cousin of fellow Waratah wing Lote Tuqiri, Nasiganiyavi was born on 31 January 1988 and played his first match for the Junior Waratahs on the 2008 Development Tour of Fiji less than 200 metres from his mother's village in Nadi.

Last Updated: Nov 19

Born in Fiji, played for Perth Spirit, Randwick and Tahs. Queenslander? Pffft!

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Lindommer said:
Born in Fiji, played for Perth Spirit, Randwick and Tahs. Queenslander? Pffft!

Ahem, where did he move to NSW from at the bequest of a certain cousin? And how long had he been living there?

fatprop said:
The Tahs Saviour?

Nup

Agree. Noddy is trolling well today - well done!

F

formeropenside

He's a nudgee boy I think - son of Isei Sigivinyavi who played for Qld in the late 80's, early 90's.

Tried Brisbane club rugby, and did not make a great impact, went to Perth where he made the ARC team but got little game time, and decided to go to Randwick to get a good shot at a Waratahs, and therefore Wallaby jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.