• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Wallabies Uncapped 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
After doing the team of the week and reading some comments here goes, has to be able to play for the Wallabies and never received a cap.

1) Toby Smith
2) Josh Mann-Rea
3) Sam Talakai
4) Rory Arnold
5) Lopeti Timani
6) Angus Cottrell
7) Chris Alcock
8) Stephen Holies
9) Nic Stirzaker
10) Jack Debreczani
11) Tom English
12) Mitch Inman
13) Kyle Godwin
14) Chris Kuridrani
15) Robbie Coleman

Ok, out of this 15 I can't see the back row or half's playing for the Wallabies anytime soon. Found them the hardest to fill.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
6) Angus Cottrell

Ok, out of this 15 I can't see the back row or half's playing for the Wallabies anytime soon. Found them the hardest to fill.
If not for injury Cottrell would more than likely already be caped and if he can play each week like he did last year and last week against the Tahs it won't be long until he is.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
For guys like Cottrell and Timani they might have to be patient as (injury permitting) I wouldn't expect many debutants this year, particularly in the backrow with Hooper,Pocock, Fardy, Palu, MCalman , Hosgson and Higgers in the mix..............

But those guys would be next in line, and Pocock and Palu are very brittle...........

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
Samu Kerevi outshines most players on that list for wallabies potential especially ahead of Inman

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
1. Toby Smith
2. Siliva Siliva
3. Sam Talakai
4. Cadeyrn Neville
5. Rory Arnold
6. Angus Cottrell
7. Chris Alcock
8. Lopeti Timani
9. Nic Stirzaker
10. Nick Frisby
11. Tom English
12. Kyle Godwin
13. Samu Kerevi
14. Taquele Naiyavoro
15. Robbie Coleman

16. Heath Tessman?/ Andrew Ready/ Pat Leafa
17. Cruze ah-Nau
18. Sef Faagase
19. Dave Mcduling
20. Jarrad Butler
21. Brendan Mckibbin
22. Mitch Inman
23. Chris Kuridrani

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
1. Toby Smith
2. Siliva Siliva
3. Sam Talakai
4. Cadeyrn Neville
5. Rory Arnold
6. Angus Cottrell
7. Chris Alcock
8. Lopeti Timani
9. Nic Stirzaker
10. Nick Frisby
11. Tom English
12. Kyle Godwin
13. Samu Kerevi
14. Taquele Naiyavoro
15. Robbie Coleman

sounds good, totally forgot about Naiyarovoro. Agree with everything here but Caderyn Neville. I would be moving Timani to 4. and Fotu Auelua to 8.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
1. Toby Smith
2. Siliva Siliva
3. Sam Talakai
4. Cadeyrn Neville
5. Rory Arnold
6. Angus Cottrell
7. Chris Alcock
8. Lopeti Timani
9. Nic Stirzaker
10. Nick Frisby
11. Tom English
12. Kyle Godwin
13. Samu Kerevi
14. Taquele Naiyavoro
15. Robbie Coleman

17. Cruze ah-Nau
18. Sef Faagase
19. Dave Mcduling
20. Jarrad Butler
21. Brendan Mckibbin
22. Mitch Inman
23. Chris Kuridrani

With all the problems last year, I'm surprised you could find so many No 2s who hadn't been capped.;)

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Timani for eight at test level for me too. He could be a weapon there in a way that his big bro should have been and unfortunately never was. Love his body height and go forward in the collisions. Can't wait to see a match up later in the season with McCalman, as a guide to where he stands in the Wallaby pecking order.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
1. Toby Smith
2. Siliva Siliva
3. Sam Talakai
4. Cadeyrn Neville
5. Rory Arnold
6. Angus Cottrell
7. Chris Alcock
8. Lopeti Timani
9. Nic Stirzaker
10. Nick Frisby
11. Tom English
12. Kyle Godwin
13. Samu Kerevi
14. Taquele Naiyavoro
15. Robbie Coleman

17. Cruze ah-Nau
18. Sef Faagase
19. Dave Mcduling
20. Jarrad Butler
21. Brendan Mckibbin
22. Mitch Inman
23. Chris Kuridrani

Would not mind seeing that side take on the Wallabies in a warm up game. Maybe let QC (Quade Cooper) lead the side from 10 to put him head to head against Foley in the match.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Unfotunately I haven't had a chance to see the Rebels play yet this year. But I note that a number of people don't rate Timani as a test lock option.

With the lower emphasis on scrumming at Super rugby level this is a worrying trend to me. We're seeing more guys like Jones, Fardy, Dennis & apparently Timani who would struggle as test level locks, played there in super rugby instead of genuine big raw boned locks. Maybe this is due in part to a lack of options but I hope that this selection pattern isn't going to have the effect that picking mobile, non scrummaging props has had over the last decade.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Not to mention a chance to cap players before they decide to explore their other options.

T

TOCC

When would you play it?
There isn't room within the calendar, especially not in a RWC year... But even within a non RWC year there is limited time.

NRC starts almost immediately following Super Rugby.. You could play it during the June Tests but is that going to bode well for our Super Rugby teams?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilson

David Codey (61)
In non world cup year I think there's room for a post NRC match, almost selected as an NRC all stars side. Generally it would have to be during the international windows, if you look at when NZ Maori play it seems to be mostly during the end of year tour window. This year it'll depend on the NRC timing, if there's clear air between the super season and the nrc that's when you'd put it.

Status
Not open for further replies.