• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Wallaby 12 Conundrum

Who do you think should be the Wallaby 12?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

Let's be honest thought, he wasn't an inspired selection. He was last man standing and paid dividends big time.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Let's be honest thought, he wasn't an inspired selection. He was last man standing and paid dividends big time.

Same way AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) started his career. Last man standing. Same with Cummins.

I think Lilo was better then To'omua. He was a threat on attack most times he touched the ball.

Can I change my vote in the poll??

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)

Which irks you, because you think incumbents should stay bolted on unless 1999 Tim Horan is available.

You're very much against rotating in players that haven't had an amazing S15 year on a "they can't be any worse" basis.

We shouldn't have to rely on injuries to try out alternatives when players are underperforming.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Which irks you, because you think incumbents should stay bolted on unless 1999 Tim Horan is available.

You're very much against rotating in players that haven't had an amazing S15 year on a "they can't be any worse" basis.

We shouldn't have to rely on injuries to try out alternatives when players are underperforming.
Yep but you wouldn't have selected Lilo..

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
55418539.jpg

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I support them both. But prior to this game there was outrage by many for not picking Godwin over Lilo. I think we now know McKenzie made the right call.

Godwin to get his chance at EOYT.

T

Train Without a Station

No. I'm stoked with how he played. But based with his form leading up it was unexpected. How can you replicate this successfully?

Form is the only currency we can deal in when looking at player selections.

If somebody has not performed better when given ample opportunities, how can you expect them to?

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Unfortunately I can't find stats anywhere, but the eye test tells me that Lealiifano and Kuridrani did the most on defence of any backs, and their value to the attack is unquestionable (how often did we see a forced offload or a player run for the offload when they should have secured the breakdown? The one offload I saw from Kuridrani was done at the right time, and I don't think Lealiifano made the wrong call once at the breakdown)

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I'm absolutely stoked that Lilo got back to the kind of form that got him first selected. I hope he can carry it on because any kind of depth in each position is a good thing.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The centres always make the most tackles, if another player is making more tackles someone isn't defending properly.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I knew Lilo was a good defender when on form, but I had no idea he could make some of the dominate tackles that he did.

We also have not seen his step for years.

This was a big surprise to everyone. IMO the 12 is now his until he either performs badly or someone performs so good they can't be ignored.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I support them both. But prior to this game there was outrage by many for not picking Godwin over Lilo. I think we now know McKenzie made the right call.

Godwin to get his chance at EOYT.

I'll own up to that. I think outrage is a strong word. Most people just thought it was a shit decision based on his NRC form. But he was very, very good. His best game is gold by a long shot.

What we now know is that McKenzie made a good decision.

K

KAOPointman

Kuridrani is sown in. LILO should have the spot easily for now...agreed big time. Problem is we want Henry speight on the wing.....so that will have to push Ashley C back into the centres..........bummer!

Status
Not open for further replies.