• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

This post is about the rugby ethos and rugby forums should maintain that ethos

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wallaby Jim

I have not posted on this very good site for a very long time. I don't really have the time and it is stories like this that put me off rugby forums. I have had a meeting with a woman who husband I knew very well and had done so much for our club as a player and coach. The woman in question had asked me to contact a rugby forum based out of South Africa about comments made on this site about the death of her husband.

After reading the comments and accusations made about her husband I contacted this site in an offical capacity and we put our club's name to the e-mail. I also sought assistance from other based Sydney and London clubs for which this man played for or coached ove the years.

The forum in question allowed accusations of child sexual abuse to be made about this person after the reporting on this site about his death. I can tell you for a fact that the person in question was neve accused, charged or appeared in court over any such acts.

The forum is known as Planet Rugby and the post about this person appears on page 40 and the most shocking accusation is made on page four of that post about this man's good name. The poster known as only Jake even mention the man's own children and how they are better off without him. (Only cowards say such things behind a computer screen)

I will just say to you men that rugby should still maintain its community be it at a ground or on a rugby forum. This man has left behind four great kids and his wife made a mistake of posting his demise on that site. I won't condem her for it as grief is shown in many different ways.

If any of you frequent that site then I hope you set some of those members straight. The man it is about was rugby to his bootstraps and a good man who I would have trusted with my own children.

Thanks for the time and the chance to put sommething wrong, right!

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
OK, Jim. I've also read all that stuff on PR and have no more comment to make.

Thanks for your post, I'll leave it here and others can refer to PR if they need more info. As this is an issue that entirely concens another forum I'm going to lock this topic.

Scarf

Status
Not open for further replies.