• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Thoughts on AAMI Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chief

I think the first game of next year's S14 will involve Rebels and the Waratahs. NSWRU want it, and I'm sure Rebels would want it.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
Just heard a rumor that Grocon have sacked the PM responsible for the stadium and marched him out of their offices this afternoon. Should be interesting to see if anything pops up about that in the paper in the next few days.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
I work in alot of stadiums here and in NZ, I visited there few weeks back. Apparently the weather caused problems with some of our kit as well, problems with the roof line as well as some other little issues. I know there are a couple of faults with some of the infrastructure I hook into that I would not have expected in their stadium, borne from the contractors not getting the right input from the right people.

That being said, given I work with alot of stadiums, I assumed you were all talking about AAMI park, AAMI stadium is in Adelaide ::)

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
just watched a pretty extensive special on the stadium looking at it from an engineering aspect. it's a pretty cool concept. not surprised the roof had leaking problems.

the roof is all segmented panels with grooves between that are "sealed". that's a lot of sealant that has to do the job properly. combine that with the cantilever nature of the roof, and the flexing it sees because of that, and i can see how it can loosen some of those joints.

i don't think they mentioned the rebels directly and had a short talk with cronk. kept refering to league as rugby too. uninformed americans.....

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
#1 Tah said:
Was at bubbledome for the mungo "test" (my bro is a mungo supporter and the deal was the next morning we fly to hamilton) and the stadium seems to be form over function

have you tried an exorism in your brother? that might work

Status
Not open for further replies.