• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ticket Tout Advice - RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
Ok boys, I could do with some advice on buying tickets through a ticket tout vs the regular resale channels. The wife and I have decided that we would like to take our boys over the England and catch two of the last three matches as airfares are bloody cheap right now out of Vancouver BC (I live in Seattle). I have been looking at the RWC official ticket site and the prices for the Quarters and Semis are steep but doable. The ticket prices for the Final are crazy but I just don't think I could forgive myself if we get all that way only to come home without watching the final if we made it.....which we will.

What I would like to hear is if anyone has had any experince, good or bad, with the local touts around Twickenham? How did the prices compare to face value? I know they have been cracking down on them lately but they are a determined bunch and will always be there regardless. I bought 4 tickets to the England v Australia match last year year through Viagogo and the service was great as I booked the night before and collected them from a place near the train station. The seats were awesome but it cost me a little over $2000 USD for 4 tickets. Anyway, any helpful advice would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.