• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tier 2 Australian Conference 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buster

Chris McKivat (8)
With The pulvernators announcement his is all for a second teir comp, possibly the revival of the ill fated ARC, under a slightly different structure, lets have a shot at piecing together 4 sydney based teams on the assumption:

- 4 teams to cover the sydney regions, with current SS teams being alocated to an "ARC" Team

East:
Uni
Easts
Norths

North:
Gordon
Manly
Warringah

North West:
Eastwood
Penrith
Parramatta

South West:
Southern Districts
Randwick
West Harbour

Could be quite a balance comp?

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
With The pulvernators announcement his is all for a second teir comp, possibly the revival of the ill fated ARC, under a slightly different structure, lets have a shot at piecing together 4 sydney based teams on the assumption:

- 4 teams to cover the sydney regions, with current SS teams being alocated to an "ARC" Team

East:
Uni
Easts
Norths

North:
Gordon
Manly
Warringah

North West:
Eastwood
Penrith
Parramatta

South West:
Southern Districts
Randwick
West Harbour

I'd like to see Uni be included with Parra & Penrith - the team must include at least 3 players from each team, and must be played out west. The Super Players are paid to grow the game and this would ensure that happened.

Fowi

Chris McKivat (8)
I'd like to see Uni be included with Parra & Penrith - the team must include at least 3 players from each team, and must be played out west. The Super Players are paid to grow the game and this would ensure that happened.

Yeh that would be a good idea, but I can't see Uni going for it unfortunately.

Buster

Chris McKivat (8)
Given this would be propped up by the ARU to some degree, the teams AUS wide assuming there are 10 ARC sides could have a max of 15 players contracted to a super club. Assuming a good chunk would be missing for the season playing s15 and on wallaby duties, sides would need to consider carefully who they signed up. The other assumption would be that the players would be expected to link up with their local premier side. In the case of act,Vic,wa into their local camp, in the case of Sydney into the above mentioned zoning SS sides. I think it could work a treat

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)

East:
Uni
Easts
Norths

North:
Gordon
Manly
Warringah

North West:
Eastwood
Penrith
Parramatta

South West:
Southern Districts
Randwick
West Harbour

When did he come out with this? Is there are link?

I'd actually prefer 3 teams from Sydney.

North (Harbour): Norths, Gordon, Manly and Warringah

Sydney: Randwick, Easts, Uni and Souths

Western Sydney: Parra, Penrith, Wests and Eastwood.

I actually posted a article on The Roar regarding a National Club Championship. It was more of a hybrid between clubs and rep/composite sides.http://www.theroar.com.au/2013/08/29/a-national-club-rugby-championship-with-existing-clubs/

Status
Not open for further replies.