• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Top Test Tries 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
An interesting look back at 2012. Some good set moves and good counter attacks in there. My favorites are probably the Welsh try v Ireland (I think it was Davies) and Gear vs Ireland (6-7min). Tries are in chronological order.

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
Nice - it's a beautiful game when played with intent to attack! That Gear try v Ireland was fantastic.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
At a time when there's a devastating shortage of Rugby on TV (unless you have Setanta) clips like this are my life blood. It's pretty to watch ain't it?

Try number 6 is the pick for mine. The guys got speed, power, good hands, a deft step, he's undoubtedly one of the prettier Scottish players and he's a long back. ;)

hawktrain

Ted Thorn (20)
That set move for Dagg's try in Bledisloe 1 - beautiful. I'd forgotten just how good that was. You've got 4 blokes in motion, but only 2 passes, one of which is a very short one from Read to Carter. Just magic.

And how about the two flick passes from forwards (Read and Whitelock) for Dagg's try against South Africa? Ridiculous.

I'd say my favourite is probably Bryan Habana's against NZ though. Brilliant mix of power to break the first tackle, speed to give himself space, and skill to execute the chip kick and regather.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I'm a big fan of the Argies tries. All three were great efforts, but I love the one against the ABs in particular.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'm a big fan of the Argies tries. All three were great efforts, but I love the one against the ABs in particular.
The Argies are just a joy to watch. Even when they play badly, they're great because they're still so desperate to win, throwing their all into it :D

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
The Puma tries are all good to watch.

Also how good is Israel Dagg? A very special rugby player, I could watch him play all day. He seems to always be enjoying himself too that adds to the experience.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Yeah, either playing for the Crusaders or All Blacks he just seems world class and almost flawless. IMO been the best back in the world for 2011 and 2012.

Can't wait till the Crusaders come to Perth (we only get them every 2 years). Watching Carter/Dagg in their peak will be something to remember. I'll be watching with interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.