• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tough stretch for NZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

SevensPhD

Chris McKivat (8)
The last 2 weeks has seen the long white cloud start to dissipate:

First ever loss in any Commonwealth Games 7s match saw NZ finish with Silver.
Two year reign atop Super Rugby halted by Waratahs.
And last night the Women All Blacks lost for only the 2nd time ever in any Womens World Cup. Only other defeat was in 1991 to the USA. Ireland won last night.

Is anyone else excited to see the first Bledisloe match? 17 game win streak on the line!

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I'm always excited by a Bledisloe.
But, NZ still had three teams in the top six in Super Rugby and the Crusaders lost the final by one point.
The Rugby Championship isn't going to be a walk in the park and New Zealand isn't a spent force. And they'd love nothing better than to rub our new found cockiness in our faces.
I often wonder where we might be if Deans had picked on form after the 2011 championship.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Yeah, nah, they are a great side with scary depth, their biggest issue is ageing super stars that are hanging on for another world cup.

A little judicious clearing of the decks is needed IMHO to let some of that younger talent shine

It is the same for every RWC winning team, the previous heroes want to hang around for another win, when often their actual selection is skewed by reputation.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
They are slightly vulnerable, there must be some uncertainty amongst the coaching staff, the players will sense that.

We also thrashed them in the netball!! (Which is about as relevant as women's rugby to this debate).

Status
Not open for further replies.