• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

TRC Round 1: South Africa v Australia, Sunday 21 July 1:05am AEST

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I'm excited!

A question for an experienced Kayo user - I have literally today canned my Foxtel subscription and signed up to Kayo. I'm struggling to find this game listed anywhere, any pointers?

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Navigate to the 'Sports' then 'Rugby Union' sections on Saturday. I haven't been able to find a programming schedule in advance.

If you've selected Wallabies or rugby as your preferred sports then they'll be promoted automatically.

Reactions: gel

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Navigate to the 'Sports' then 'Rugby Union' sections on Saturday. I haven't been able to find a programming schedule in advance.

If you've selected Wallabies or rugby as your preferred sports then they'll be promoted automatically.

OK thanks, I've had a better look around now and all the ads are for past events, so presumably the future ones will come up in due course. A different paradigm to what I'm used to!

Reactions: Tex

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I'd like to see a live viewing schedule with the option to integrate with my phone's calendar for reminders etc. Maybe this already exists and I'm just being a luddite.

Anyhow.

I'm sure Tupou will be none the worse for wear after his authentic cultural interaction the other night. Nothing like a random act of violence to focus the mind and light the furnace.

Number 7

Darby Loudon (17)
OK thanks, I've had a better look around now and all the ads are for past events, so presumably the future ones will come up in due course. A different paradigm to what I'm used to!

Ive been using it for a while now and it definitely isnt intuitive.

Future events come up roughly on the day they occur at the top of your feed. This works better when you nominate your favourite sports and teams, as you will get more relevant content come up.

It would be nice if you could eliminate certains sports you aren't interested in (eg: soccer:) ) to minimise the "noise" inbetween your preferred games.

Stick at it, it is really good once you get the hang of it.

Reactions: gel

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Will this be on Free to Air, I assumed yes and canned my Kayo at the end of Super Rugby, but if it's not I will have to kick that badboy back open.

Any thoughts on the team, I'd be going guess the following.

Starters
Sio
FF (Folau Fainga'a)
AAAAAAAA
Zack
Rory
LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
Hoop's
Isi
Willy
Leo
Koro
Samu
TK
DHP
Banks

Reserves
Slips
Uelese
Thor
Simo
Valentini
Gilbert
Foley
White

Reactions: TSR

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

Starters
Sio
FF (Folau Fainga'a)
AAAAAAAA
Zack
Rory
Hoop's
Isi
Willy
Leo
Koro
Samu
TK
DHP
Banks

Reserves
Slips
Uelese
Thor
Simo
Valentini
Gilbert
Foley
White

I'd go with that starting 15 too. The bench would be different with a 6:2 configuration.

Uelese, Slipper, Tupou, Simmons :(, Jones, Valetini, White, To'omua.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Will this be on Free to Air, I assumed yes and canned my Kayo at the end of Super Rugby, but if it's not I will have to kick that badboy back open.

Starters
Sio
FF (Folau Fainga'a)
AAAAAAAA
Zack
Rory
Hoop's
Isi
Willy
Leo
Koro
Samu
TK
DHP
Banks

Reserves
Slips
Uelese
Thor
Simo
Valentini
Gilbert
Foley
White

I'd go with that starting 15 too. The bench would be different with a 6:2 configuration.

Uelese, Slipper, Tupou, Simmons :(, Jones, Valetini, White, To'omua.

You fellas seem to have made an error. You've left a Brumby out - Joe Powell

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Sorry who would you pick instead.. Guessing Beale at 15 and Foley at 10.. could go that way, I just think Beale is better in off the bench, and Foley and Lealiifano as you have said, several times are practically the same player so I went with the player in form.

What's your team ?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Sorry who would you pick instead.. Guessing Beale at 15 and Foley at 10.. could go that way, I just think Beale is better in off the bench, and Foley and Lealiifano as you have said, several times are practically the same player so I went with the player in form.

What's your team ?

I think the balance of your team and bench is fine. I don't know about KOB1987, but Brumby Runner's bench balance worries me - risky to have To'omua as the only 10 or centre sub, one of which positions (the former) he has played little this year and really has no decent form (and I know BR is a stickler for form). One critical injury and we're in all sorts covering positions well. Plus I can't see the sense in that many lock and 6 options really. I think a 5:3 split is more sensible, personally.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I think the balance of your team and bench is fine. I don't know about KOB1987, but Brumby Runner's bench balance worries me - risky to have To'omua as the only 10 or centre sub, one of which positions (the former) he has played little this year and really has no decent form (and I know BR is a stickler for form). One critical injury and we're in all sorts covering positions well. Plus I can't see the sense in that many lock and 6 options really. I think a 5:3 split is more sensible, personally.

On the whole there is great commonality of thinking from GGR. Twists at the edges but heaps in common.

What is interesting, is how Cheika pulls it together.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)

What's your team ?
Yes as Cyclo says there isn’t really anything wrong with the balance of your team, I was just having a crack at pretty much every question marked position going to a Brumby. The consensus is that 6, 10, 14 and 15 are really the only undecided positions. I don’t think they will start LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) an Naisarani together, so I think 6 will be either Jones or Dempsey and LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) will be on the bench. 10 could be Lilo but I suspect it will be Foley. Similarly 15 could be Banks but I think Beale will get first crack, that leaves 14 going to either DHP or Banks.

I also agree that a 5:3 bench makes more sense and Valetini probably won’t get a berth this game, possibly v Argentina next week. Assuming I am right with the 6 selection, the bench forwards will be Uelese or Latu, Slipper, Tupou, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) and which of Dempsey or Jones doesn’t start. Then White, Lilo or Foley, and whichever of Beale, Banks or DHP doesn’t start. There’s a chance they will test JOC (James O'Connor) in the #23 as well.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Yeah I could see that each way bets went the Brumbies way, but then they came 3rd not 12th.

My reasoning for Banks to start and not Beale was I just think the bench is better covered with Beale there then starting.

I couldnt really pick 6 / Bench 6, and I had a feeling Chekia loves Valentini and last time Jones was around didn't pick him. Possibly be Dempsey but his been so out of form but would be happy to swap him in either at 6 or bench player.

Last but not least, I just want Lealiifano to play another test starting, what a great story but could go Foley, and most likely will doesn't bother me.

I agree we probably need a 5-3 bench unless we are starting 2 playmakers (maybe Beale 15) and Hodge on the bench (maybe).

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

Jesus KOB. You're in fine form lately. Have to say though that I have seen one or two posts by Brumbies supporters where you've missed the opportunity for a dig. Still room for improvement.