• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

TRC Round 2: Australia vs Argentina @ Brisbane - Saturday 27 July 2019

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
This gets rolled out after every game the Tahs players are below standard or others have a good game. Surely, Phipps must come back in now that we have a scrum going forwards.:(:eek:

Surely you can come up with better than this standard bitter whine in every match thread.
It's rugby 101 - if the platform is better up front, of course it will give the attack better options. The success at the gain line, and the stability of the set-pieces certainly set it up better this week, and in both past weeks, far better than in previous recent Tests. So it is a valid point to mention.
I thought we made more of it this week, and I thought both Genia and Leali'ifano looked good. I think the ball-playing of Genia was the bigger difference (i.e. comparing the 9s and 10s in the two weeks), but as a combo I liked this week's better. I would stick with it, but I'm not convinced To'omua is the bench option on current showing.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
The other thing is that I don’t think having JOC (James O'Connor) & To'omua on the bench makes sense unless JOC (James O'Connor) is considered a strong wing/fullback option.

Going forward I’d prefer one or the other and Banks (or Hodge with Banks starting).

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Anyone have the stat for time.or tackles in the opposition 22?

We dealt with the Argie attack relatively easily, but didn't really put them under too much pressure either

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
I thought defensive coach Nathan Grey was supposed to be a laughing stock? FFS, Aus didnt play like it. Could someone please remind Mr Grey he's supposed be a bit shit? Quickly please, time is of the essence
Goddamnit I keep reading this as something else.

Don't worry Pillock, Chieka's Wallabies are well known for their inability to show any form of consistency! So status quo will return next game.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
A lucky win no doubt, aided by a much improved pack and the Pumas bumbling Wallaby style.

Scrum = good
Tight five = good
Isi = good

LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) = time to go
Hooper = please God stop seagulling in the backline

Breakdown - still shite ; I wonder how many times we turned over, got penalised. FFS the answer is obvious.

Some lovely alignment in the runners and Genia holding up the pass beautifully. What a revelation, if you have big units on the burst they make metres!

Wheels came off as soon as Genia and Lilo left the field.

Outside backs not great.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Anyone have the stat for time.or tackles in the opposition 22?

We dealt with the Argie attack relatively easily, but didn't really put them under too much pressure either
We rarely contested the ball at the breakdown so our line was set early. Not sure that this will work all of the time?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Surely you can come up with better than this standard bitter whine in every match thread.
It's rugby 101 - if the platform is better up front, of course it will give the attack better options. The success at the gain line, and the stability of the set-pieces certainly set it up better this week, and in both past weeks, far better than in previous recent Tests. So it is a valid point to mention.
I thought we made more of it this week, and I thought both Genia and Leali'ifano looked good. I think the ball-playing of Genia was the bigger difference (i.e. comparing the 9s and 10s in the two weeks), but as a combo I liked this week's better. I would stick with it, but I'm not convinced To'omua is the bench option on current showing.

Cyclo, I am sure you are right, but it does get tiresome. Some posters are not inclined to praise the efforts of any players not from the Tahs. And just to show my continuing impartiality, I thought Hooper had his best game in a couple of years playing a lot tighter and not like an additional centre/winger. Long may it last.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Still can't get over the Luke Jones penalty at around 72 mins. One of the dumbest things I've ever seen on a rugby field.

Your team is leading comfortably, and dealing with the opposition attack relatively easily. You're finally back on the park after 3 years away. And you give away the softest penalty in the history of the game achieving absolutely nothing.

They kick to the corner and score from the maul. Game on. Thanks Luke

I like Jones, but that moment alone is just about world cup diaqualifying

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Pretty much on par with Kepu playing the ball when off his feet 30 m out in front of our posts.
Not good.

I reckon that ones hard to avoid though when it basically lands on you whilst you're already on the ground.

Kepu's habit of giving away soft penalties is bad though.