• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Trip to Sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I'll prob stay @ a backpackers - private room. seems like the general go, not a millionaire, so dont wanna pay $200/night by myself.

Funny that, you give off a distinct millionaire vibe. The first time you posted I looked at your profile and said to myself 'that guy is fucking loaded'. But obviously I was mistaken.

And speaking from experience it is best to leave Moses and RF faceless. Trust me.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Funny that, you give off a distinct millionaire vibe. The first time you posted I looked at your profile and said to myself 'that guy is fucking loaded'. But obviously I was mistaken.

And speaking from experience it is best to leave Moses and RF faceless. Trust me.

Moses is at his best when faceless.

T

Travi34

@ Barbarian - i know! but no im not.... should put a real pic up of me, rather than just a pic of my knee!

@ moses/panda - faceless.... seems intruiging... now i must see... lol

@ cyclo - real life giant bald eye... easy to spot in the crowd? go thru the eye drops the morning after?

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Faceless is good, but I'm at my finest legless.

Your knee has nipples..

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
n4cer, if you're relying on public transport I'd strongly suggest Sydney Central Hostel YHA, it's right next to Central Railway Station at the southern end of Sydney's CBD. It's also close enough to walk to both Chinatown and Darling Harbour, if you're a visitor on a budget Chinatown's a great place to eat.

Places to see/things to do:

Walk around the Royal Botanic Gardens from Mrs Macquarie's Chair to the Sydney Opera House, there's a red tourist bus which loops around the Sydney CBD, will cost you bugger all. Take your own lunch and have a picnic in the gardens.
Get a ferry across to Manly and spend the day there. Walk around to Shelly Beach while you're over there.
Have a beer in The Rocks at both the Lord Nelson (they brew their own beer, it's fantastic and the counter food's very good) and the Hero of Waterloo. If you go to the Hero on a weekend night very late you'll be entertained by a geriatric group singing along on the piano. Priceless. Make your expedition to The Rocks on a Sunday and visit the street markets.
Get a train up to Kings Cross and check it out. Wander along Victoria Street, Darlinghurst.
Visit the Powerhouse Museum, the Australian Museum and the Art Gallery of New South Wales, if you're into culture, that is.
Lash out and do a BridgeClimb, but check the weather the day before to ensure it's going to be a fine day.
Get a train to Milsons Point and walk back over the bridge.
Get a train to Parramatta and catch the RiverCat back.
Check out Darling Street, Balmain.
Check out Glebe Point Road, you could walk there from central and catch the tram back. Visit the Sydney Fish Markets on the way back.
There are 100s of excellent food outlets in Surry Hills if you want to splurge one night. The Winery, Bentley Bar or MilleVini if you're into wine, Taste or Billy Kwong if you like Asian, pizza e birra or il Baretto if it's Italian or Tabou or Bistrode if you feel like French. Good gastro bubs are The Dolphin and The Clock.
Visit the beautiful Blue Mountains.

T

Travi34

Totally wrote an awesome reply, now have to re-type...

What a list of places to visit...

@Moses - My Knee-ples make all the boys in the yard..... nevermind.

Arthroscopic surgery in August -torn meniscus

I was legless... lol. Just started running 2 weeks ago.

My Rugby Blog - Shameless plug

Knee Surgery - Video for those intrigued
[video=youtube;PgA9S90Az6I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgA9S90Az6I[/video]

Just for laughs - Why not. (me btw)
[video=youtube;-GhZTnWbT_0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GhZTnWbT_0[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.