• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Two Consortiums Bidding To Buy The Tahs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Well I've always thought there should be 2 Super Rugby teams in Sydney so this sounds perfect. Give one of them the Waratahs and allow the other group to start a 2nd side.

(Yes I know this won't happen)

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Dilip Kumar was involved with the NSWRU/Tahs and the ARU in the early to mid 2000s. Those with a better understanding of rugby administration than I, is Kumar's involvement good or bad?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I don't think he was particularly highly regarded at the time. Was he heading the tahs the first time the ARU had to step in and take over?

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
That's my concern. Happy Bob is involved however, perhaps he needs to better choose his partners.

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Old Georgina Robinson has been a bit quiet on this front. Going by her previous articles, we should know by now who's buying the licence.
Anyone have any info?

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
The asking price must, surely, have risen a lot during the season. That would maybe weed out one or both of the interested parties. Might be worth holding on for a while.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Rugby Club may have a lazy $21m lying in their bank account soon.

Perhaps The Rugby Club should buy a rugby club?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
How are the Rugby Club getting $21m?

@Crashy broke the news on the "the awful truth about the ARUs financial position" thread:

Some good financial news afoot - well mainly for rugby in NSW.
That wonderful old establishment, 'The Rugby Club' in Sydney CBD has had a, wait for it...$21 million dollar offer to sell the building to a developer.
The club plans to use the money to.
clear $1 million in debt
buy a new premises with better facilities and most importantly..
Create a foundation with the surplus $10 mil plus with income to be diverted to NSW grass roots rugby.
Members vote in Oct.

Conservatively at a 4% yield, thats $400k per year until the end of time that is being pumped into grass roots rugby.
Hail the foundation!

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
yes gang - I was at the club yesterday getting schtonkered at their monthly luncheon ( Fab Fenton is a funny bugger). It was announced that contracts had been signed and $2.1 mil was deposited into their account. The remaining $19 mil will be received in 12 month's time. A phenomenal amount of money which if managed carefully in the proposed foundation, will provide an income stream of considerable size for ever...

Status
Not open for further replies.