• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Two step passing scrumhalves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
"The tackler must immediately get up or move away from the tackled player and from the ball at once."
variations between north and south of the equator involve the meaning of the words:
"immediately"
"move away"
"at once"

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
"The tackler must immediately get up or move away from the tackled player and from the ball at once."
variations between north and south of the equator involve the meaning of the words:
"immediately"
"move away"
"at once"

If you're two feet to the side of the ball though, you're completely within the laws but you're still preventing the halfback from passing from the ground.

I don't really see a way around that problem. If you take an extra 5 seconds and that player is still lying on the ground you probably deserve a penalty but by that point you're certainly not getting the really quick ball that the player prevented in the first place.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I don't really see a way around that problem.

I can think of some but they are the same as my solution to boring in and they are out in the open.
The problem you identify explains why Souther Hemisphere refs blow very quickly and liberally for failing to roll away.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Stepping is a manifestation of lack of forward parity/dominance and accuracy in the clean out, IMO.

There is much truth in this, although the skip steps become habit for some halves and they emply them even when they have clean ball. Genia 2014 is the most obvious manifestation of this. Not only does this deliver slower ball to support players, but it also throws out the whole rhythm of the attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.