• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

TYS Oz Player of the Year: v NZ (Hong Kong)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
When you've got two soft second rowers it has to be.

Moore should be credited for being at so many rucks. It would be nice if he got penalised at less than half of them.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
fatprop said:
3 Burgess
2 Robinson
1 Barnes

Barnes ? A good covering tackle sure but his option taking is horrific. He is Elton Flatley II - solid in defence but a black hole in attack.

S

Spook

Dunno what order by Giteau, Burgess, Brown and Robinson were very good. I thought Giteau was probably our best. Problem was we didn't touch the ball for 20 minutes after 1/2 time due to getting penalised.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
3 - the Burgwan
2 - Robinson
1 - Mitchell. (Christ, does this mean Im agreeing with Naza?)

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
cyclopath said:
Burgess, Robbo, Moore. Maybe not that exact order, but close.
Hynes? Sorry, pretty one-dimensional I thought. Ball security was an issue with several backs.
Thought Mumm was good - a bit invisible just doing the proper stuff.

mate, I'm gonna need exact order to be honest. I'll put you down as 3 for Burgo, 2 for Robbo and 1 for Moore.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Not many votes here for the backs, if you don't count Burgess. I thought that overall we lost the forwards battle and won the backs.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Same for me:

3. Burgess
2. Robinson
1. Mumm

From the backs, Cross was good, but as usual Mitchell had a mixed bag. Hynes works incredibly hard, but his touches are still just lacking that class to set him apart and he appears like a journeyman right now - but remember, he was the same when he started S14, so I'm hoping that next year he'll be a good international winger. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) stunk. Giteau's kicking game is too poor for an international 10 but the rest of his game on the night was quite good. Mortlock was anonymous on attack apart from 2 or so good runs over the advantage line. The back line play looked a lot more enterprising with Barnes around.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Scarfman said:
Not many votes here for the backs, if you don't count Burgess. I thought that overall we lost the forwards battle and won the backs.

See, I'm the opposite. And this is all prefixed by the fact that overall we played better in the first half than the 2nd.

But I thought the forwards provided plenty of opportunities for the backs who, largely, failed to capitalise. I thought our scrum was fantastic. Best its been for a long time, despite a lapse or two. Dunno why we didn't compete against the lineout more, but I think we lost just the one of our throws? but snagged one of theirs late. The backrow was very busy in a tough environment, whilst the front row did a great deal of work, both in tight and around the field. Chisolm was pretty efficient too. Anyone else? Nah, I think that covers the pack.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Noddy said:
Scarfman said:

See, I'm the opposite. And this is all prefixed by the fact that overall we played better in the first half than the 2nd.

But I thought the forwards provided plenty of opportunities for the backs who, largely, failed to capitalise.

Agreed. The backs took poor options and failed to execute, constantly over running the ball carrier and showed little creativity. The backs continue to let us down in defence.

Major Spliff Biggins

Fred Wood (13)
3- Burgess
2- Robinson
1- Giteau

Burgess displayed what we can do with ball on the front foot.

Robinson was good in the scrums, we applied pressure on the All Blacks, but because referee's are prejudiced and have a deliberate bias we cannot take any advantage of this.

Giteau was very good and direct. Yes his kicking was poor, but his passing and taking the line on were very good. Some of the final passes from Giteau this season to create tries were gems.

Status
Not open for further replies.