• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

U/15 SJRU, NSW, Schools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wood Rat

Alfred Walker (16)
Posted By Hugh Jarse (in the other u/15 thread)

For all the Under 15 parents expressing surprise to how the selection system works, your boys must be the eldest, and this must be your first time "in the big leagues".

Some advice:
Do not expect any level playing fields.
Do not expect selections numbers to marry up with team success.
Very few Coaches do not have favourites and prejudices.
It will not get any better for the next few years.

If you expect otherwise you are in for a rough few years.
Colts is a great leveller, but the odd one or two get through Colts on reputation.

Cream will rise to the top eventually.

Not making the rep team is not the end of the world. It will not harm their chances of getting a good ATAR or picking up a trade apprenticeship. They may still pick up a Wobs contract at some distant future.

In the selectors favour, I must say that some boys are simply not as good as parents believe them to be, or want them to be. This is partially due to the rose coloured glasses worn by parents and relatives, and partially because many Coaches have been giving parents inaccurate feedback about the child as they have progressed feeding the false expectations and the rose coloured bias towards their boy.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
And HJ let it never be overlooked that many more blokes play for Wallabies who did not play Oz schools than who did.
That is a massive indication of the truth of what you say, IMHO.

lineoutjumper

Stan Wickham (3)
2013 SYDNEY 15s TEAM (in order of last names not position)

1. Bradley Amituanai MNZ
2. Mason Binge MNZ
3. Leo Bosch MNZ
4. Marcus Britt BAR
5. Cameron Fazzari BAR
6. Ed Gregory BAR
7. Jake Hedge BAR
8. Saimone Lasalo MWZ
9. Luke Lough MNZ
10. Jack Mann MWZ
11. Delohoya Manu MWZ
12. Samuel Mata MSZ
13. Jack Ongosia MNZ
14. Matt Orphen MWZ
15. Chase Paea MSZ
16. Luke Rixon BAR
17. Lachie Rose MNZ
18. Kariatiana Sau MSZ
19. Charlie Smith BAR
20. Angus Spicer MWZ
21. Tyrone TauKamo MSZ
22. Will Wennerbom BAR
23. Josh Zubak BAR

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
2013 SYDNEY 15s TEAM (in order of last names not position)

1. Bradley Amituanai MNZ
2. Mason Binge MNZ
3. Leo Bosch MNZ
4. Marcus Britt BAR
5. Cameron Fazzari BAR
6. Ed Gregory BAR
7. Jake Hedge BAR
8. Saimone Lasalo MWZ
9. Luke Lough MNZ
10. Jack Mann MWZ
11. Delohoya Manu MWZ
12. Samuel Mata MSZ
13. Jack Ongosia MNZ
14. Matt Orphen MWZ
15. Chase Paea MSZ
16. Luke Rixon BAR
17. Lachie Rose MNZ
18. Kariatiana Sau MSZ
19. Charlie Smith BAR
20. Angus Spicer MWZ
21. Tyrone TauKamo MSZ
22. Will Wennerbom BAR
23. Josh Zubak BAR
some surprises there in a number of positions

Slugga

Ted Fahey (11)
Barbars with one win against last placed MSZ have the most (8) selected, all from Norths. Does anyone know where the coach comes from? I could make a guess.

MMM, other 7 must have really dragged the team down.

Gooner

Allen Oxlade (6)
some surprises there in a number of positions

Tyrone TauKamo also made the Under 15 Australian Rugby League Merit Team. I watched one of the Southern games yesterday as I was interested in seeing him play as there has been much disucssion about him in rugby league circles. Unfortunaltely the Southern team couldn't get the ball out the back in the game I saw. He is listed as going to Newington College - scholarship????

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Wrong thread to discuss scholarships. The Mods want to quarantine that talk to one specific area.

There is also a thread on selectors bias and favouritism if you want to have a decent vent.

Gaggerland thinks of everything.:)

Slugga

Ted Fahey (11)
Tyrone TauKamo also made the Under 15 Australian Rugby League Merit Team. I watched one of the Southern games yesterday as I was interested in seeing him play as there has been much disucssion about him in rugby league circles. Unfortunaltely the Southern team couldn't get the ball out the back in the game I saw. He is listed as going to Newington College - scholarship????

What position did he play?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
For those interested in Clubs rather than "Zones":

Norths = 9
Randwick = 3
Eastwood = 3
Gordon = 3
Warringah = 2
Penrith = 2
South = 1

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It is not good for the competition to have so many rep kids in one District, worse if they are all in one club within that district.

In the U15's are the Sydney Rep boys all in Mosman Whales, or are they distributed throughout the Norths empire?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
It is not good for the competition to have so many rep kids in one District, worse if they are all in one club within that district.

In the U15's are the Sydney Rep boys all in Mosman Whales, or are they distributed throughout the Norths empire?
Mainly Hunters Hill - there are only 2 teams in Norths in this age group

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
oui

Rugby Addict

Herbert Moran (7)
Of the 9 Norths (6 Hunters Hill) boys picked, only one was was picked by MNZ (selectors were the NSW coach and an ARU employee). The other 8 (including 5 backs) who made it came from the poorly performing Barbarians team at the Zone Championships. Gordon who have won 4 State Championships including this year's had 3 picked in the Sydney team.

The same selectors who picked the Barbarians team picked the Sydney team and the Norths coach was the Barbarians coach and he is on the SJRU committee and President of Hunters Hill.

The unlucky ones for me are Nick Brown, Chris Scott, Matt Dainton, Will Terry, James Armstrong and Jake Pirina from Gordon. James Basha and Charlie Jeavons-Fellows from Norths and Harrison Goddard from Eastwood.

I will also refrain from mentioning the lucky and the very lucky ones.

This is not particularly close to the best side. Imagine how many Norths players would get in if they made a State Championship final – or won one!

Sounds like sour grapes from a Gordon perspective? - it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.