• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Un-Australian Activities 2019

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Ah Oldboy, you realise that only Crusdaers fans think its an even playing field. You can have your smug sacrcasm, The Crusaders (and fans) are like lawyers convinced of their brilliance and think everyone respects them - you may have to deal with them but contempt is the usual emotion that is felt.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
fucken Cantabs. jammy c**ts. "This way, Sir's, this way to the tryline. Is everything to your liking? Anything MORE I can to assist you in your endeavors?"

ffs Plummer, how many chances do you want to win the game?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Ah Oldboy, you realise that only Crusdaers fans think its an even playing field. You can have your smug sacrcasm, The Crusaders (and fans) are like lawyers convinced of their brilliance and think everyone respects them - you may have to deal with them but contempt is the usual emotion that is felt.

Pretty sure your tahs were the most-penalised team in Super Rugby last year & just for shits & giggles I may keep a tally of penalties & cards this year.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Well there were no injuries added to the list, as far as I'm aware. So that's a positive. Some other notes:
  • Need Scrafton and, in particular, Gibson back for the added grunt and defensive work. Didn't notice Goodhue at all, nor recall hearing his name mentioned. Though the Northland ginger was decent. Still would've liked having Olmstead on the bench at least.
  • Not sure why Black was pulled so early. Didn't matter in the end, but throwing the rookie Plummer into a crucial point in the match was a bit reckless I think. Could've waited until the situation resolved one way or another before making the substitution.
  • Ruru stays on the field unless his death certificate is issued. Even then, would rather slot Tu'inukuafe in at half back ahead of Pulol.
  • Collins needs to be moved on. Nanai. Perofeta. Duffie. Take your pick, Leon. Any of them would be a significant improvement. Particularly now the raison d'être of last season -- needing him to assist the rookie Perofeta -- has passed.
  • Enjoyed watching old man Nonu out there, even if he was mostly just clobbering guys on defence.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Pretty sure your tahs were the most-penalised team in Super Rugby last year & just for shits & giggles I may keep a tally of penalties & cards this year.
"My Tahs" have been shit for years and that is unlikely to change. It doesn't change the facts, that "your" team are so obviously coached to cheat professionally. Its sad really, the skills are there and the production line of great players is truly amazing, but the lauded foul play of Franks, the constant offsides, the cynical infringing in the 22 really is contemptible and not in keeping with the tenants of the game.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well enjoyed the Saders/Blues game, was a neutral up to a point, but was actually cheering for Blues , I wouldn't mind seeing them fulfill their potential a bit better. Thought it ended up being about right result in end, anyone can moan at Plummer missing the kick that could of won game, but Mounga missed EVERY kick attempt he had. (Just looking for the fanbois reaction:p). Will be interested to see if Perofata gets a run at 15, Collins didn't have the best game last night, I thought Black went ok at 10, Ruru same at 9, both looked competent in their positions without me thinking they were real special. Agree that Blues could do with Scrafton at lock, although I thought Goodhue did some good stuff, and is not a bad lock. Also liked the game of the Ranga Robinson, certainly played with plenty of energy. 2 penalty tries? Well really couldn't argue with either one so........
I would add I wondered how Ennor would go at 13, well he went bloody well, and Bridge when he made that break beat a few players, then threw a beauty left to right pass of about 25 metres showed just how good he is (especially when I watch Folau can't pass to the right over 4-5 meteres!!)

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Rene Ranger's season lasted exactly 45 minutes before his knee exploded.

wft is the deal with the Swolves? They have a grand total of ONE Japanese bloke in their starting XV. It's like some sort of nationless pirate franchise. Absolutely nothing to do with Japan.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
First ref whine for 2019..........

I tuned in for the end of the Jaguares v Lions match, and with a few minutes to go and only 9 points down, the Jaguares are attacking the Lions line, and right in front of the referee the Lions are awarded a penalty for holding up despite one of the Lions forwards so ridiculously obviously lying all over the Jaguares side of the ruck preventing them access to the ball.

That kind of shit does my head in...........

But the Jaguares were their own worst enemy.......... terrible handling, and coughing up the ball over the try line not long before that.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Highlights time:

Feature game for my tipping comp, extra points for picking the score: I had Clan 31-28 Tribe.

Tipped the result but would never have picked the scoreline.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez I meant to add in the Blues pack how much has Ofa Tuungafasi built up over the off season, he looking a beast!
Also meant to say I though Akira did some good stuff last night, apart form 2 times I saw him disappear from the defensive line he looked to get involved a bit more.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
If he hasn't already, KiwiM will be having an aneurysm right about now.

EDIT: TBF to TJ he didn't agree with the deliberate knock-on either. Interestingly, Marshall, the long time leader of the deliberate knock-down/on movement, disagrees.

Correct sir.

Crusaders certainly got the rub of the green with the calls.

I was pretty happy with the Blues. You could definitely see the impact of the new coaches. The forwards actually got stuck in and the team seemed to have an actual game plan.

The backline needs work but the forward pack went well up against a very tidy Crusaders pack. Backline needs to find a way to get the ball to Rieko in space.

Blues often start with a promising week 1 loss (they did last year before the season turned to shit) so they need to back it up next week in Durban.

Whilst having to put up with Collins for now (Duffie and Trainor both injured) I'd imagine week 4 against the Sunwolves the Blues may have a new 15.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Tomkinson cited for the hit on Lurch under Laws 9.13 Dangerous Tackling & 9.16 Dangerous Charging, hearing is tonight. If there's any justice they'll rule that the Red is sufficient penalty - I'd like to see it expunged but doubt that'll happen as it would "send the wrong message".

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ still no verdict, not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

Without wanting to jinx them, CruSadists are on a 16-match winning streak which equals a run they had in 2005-06.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Tomkinson cited for the hit on Lurch under Laws 9.13 Dangerous Tackling & 9.16 Dangerous Charging, hearing is tonight. If there's any justice they'll rule that the Red is sufficient penalty - I'd like to see it expunged but doubt that'll happen as it would "send the wrong message".

Somewhat to my surprise the Red has been expunged &'Tomkinson's available to play this week (but won't as Clan have already named their 23):

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...o-tomkinson-has-red-card-dismissed-by-sanzaar

Common sense prevails!

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Thought it was harsh at the time, but was shouted down on the Twitterverse.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Leon is not mucking around. Collins pays the price for another poor NZ derby performance by him. That backline from centre on out has more pace than last week's team.

Blues team

15 Melani Nanai, 14 Caleb Clarke, 13 TJ Faiane, 12 Sonny Bill Williams, 11 Rieko Ioane, 10 Otere Black, 9 Jonathan Ruru; 8 Akira Ioane, 7 Dalton Papalii, 6 Tom Robinson, 5 Josh Goodhue, 4 Patrick Tuipulotu (c), 3 Ofa Tuungafasi, 2 James Parsons, 1 Karl Tu’inukuafe.
Reserves: 16 Matt Moulds, 17 Alex Hodgman, 18 Sione Mafileo, 19 Gerard Cowley-Tuioti, 20 Matt Matich, 21 Augustine Pulu, 22 Harry Plummer, 23 Tanielu Tele’a