• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Un-Australian Activities 2019

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
This is over.

A shit match to end a boring season. Even Dan's irrepressible optimism can't be impressed with this dire procession.

Hopefully test rugby brings some quality.

Glad to be on point with half my prediction. Jaguares held to 3. Crusaders have disappointed me though, i can't see them getting to 40 from here.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
There's a point where it's just flat out obstruction and sealing the ball in these situations. e.g. (the first ruck)

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Fairly perfunctory coronation this year for the Death Star stormtroopers.

Jags were into it for the first 20 minutes before the Cantabs decided yeah nah its foot-on-throat time.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Well, that was a boring end to the season. May as well have just handed over the trophy to the Crusaders beforehand to avoid all the hassle.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
This is over.

A shit match to end a boring season. Even Dan's irrepressible optimism can't be impressed with this dire procession.

Hopefully test rugby brings some quality.

Glad to be on point with half my prediction. Jaguares held to 3. Crusaders have disappointed me though, i can't see them getting to 40 from here.

Thought it was ok match, nothing over the top, but it was a final, they not usually to open and one sided. It's ok mate, you got the NRC starting soon, all the rugby played at right time etc, all Aus teams (and 1 Fijian) so that will be what a lot here have been calling for , so all will be good;)
No one loses at home in finals footy. The whole concept is somewhat redundant.
Um didn't the Lions lose to the Crusaders in J'burg 2 years back?

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Really proud of the team.

Jags had a fantastic season, but the experienced players from the good guys really stepped up tonight - Read, Whitelock, Todd, Franks, Hall, Mo’unga.

The defensive pressure from both sides was pretty good, but scoreboard pressure will do funny things to a team that is hitting away at the line over and over without any points of their own.

Razor has evolved this Crusaders team each year.

Those criticising Read and his captaincy might need to rewatch and see that he was being consulted by Whitelock in some of those decisions tonight. Also in a finals game that has greasy conditions where defence is the order of the day, Read’s presence really shone through.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Really proud of the team.

Jags had a fantastic season, but the experienced players from the good guys really stepped up tonight - Read, Whitelock, Todd, Franks, Hall, Mo’unga.

The defensive pressure from both sides was pretty good, but scoreboard pressure will do funny things to a team that is hitting away at the line over and over without any points of their own.

Razor has evolved this Crusaders team each year.

Those criticising Read and his captaincy might need to rewatch and see that he was being consulted by Whitelock in some of those decisions tonight. Also in a finals game that has greasy conditions where defence is the order of the day, Read’s presence really shone through.

Couldn't agree more ACT, noticed Read and Whitelock talking quite often during game, and must admit to being impressed how senior players seem to join discussions a lot over season, watch Crotty when he playing too. You right about how team has evolved, and very mush won that game on bloody sound defence. I suspect that O'Gara was quite a help to Razor on that too.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Which kind of blows your argument to bits doesn't it, seems the best team usually wins the comp.
My argument was that the finals are redundant. If the best team always wins, i.e. the team coming first, why have them? It doesnt really blow it to bits.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
My argument was that the finals are redundant. If the best team always wins, i.e. the team coming first, why have them? It doesnt really blow it to bits.

Why have a final? Ask the fans who were there? And those who watched. We have a tradition of playing finals in our leagues. Always have, always will, I reckon.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The "minor premiers" have now won 16 of the 24 Finals, runners-up six & fourth-qualifier two.

It won't be featuring on Classic Matches anytime soon but I thought it still a decent game of footy given the conditions. I think some people were maybe expecting a bit too much based on what we saw last week.

Blake

Ted Fahey (11)
Stand out point for me was the jags woeful kicking.

Super impressed with only conceding 3points as was worried about the centres without Crotty. 2020 looking good.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
He hasn't said where yet but Matt Todd has confirmed* what pretty much everyone expected, that he's heading offshore:

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/s...tt-todd-confirmed-as-another-departing-player

(*Actually, technically it was Sam Whitelock who confirmed it in his post-match).

Unlucky to have his career overlap with that of the GOAT & more recently Cane or he'd have surely played way more than 17 Tests. A great Cantab & CruSadist.