• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Un-Australian Activities 2019

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Why would he have M Coetzee in the squad and give him no real chance? Looks like he will be dropped from squad. Would have thought he'd come off the bench. He knows what he has in Louw. odd one. We are likely to go to the World Cup with no backup 7 really. Unless he thinks Kolisi is his backup there. At least Coetzee can play 6 and 7.

Also why not give Frans a start at 12? it's a problem area. Got to test things.

Also odd.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
I agree Blue. Marcel can even play 8. With Whiteley unavailable we don't really have many 8s around. I know Louw can also play there, but yeah.

Maybe Coetzee, Koch, Reinach and so on will play in the return match.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
That's all I can think. Those fringe players will get their chance next week.
Coetzee of all I think will play out of his skin if given a chance. Perhaps the last chance to sway things in his favour. In that sense Rassie is perhaps ensuring the guys are tuned in for what is a relatively nothing game otherwise.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Well after this morning the whole extended squad will get a chance next week.

Will be good to see how the rest of the guys goe.

Rassie has some tough choices to make.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Wales beat the Poms.

It's always good to see the Poms lose; they can stick their chariot up their arse.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
ENGvIRE

The Poms won 57 - 15

Boo, hiss.

A.B.E.

father-ted.jpg

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ an impressive result BUT Ringinland have a horror draw: final two Pool matches are Argentina & France then it's QF (Straya or Wales), SF & Final v two of NZ, SA & Ireland. On successive weekends. Can't be done IMO. I reckon they'll win their Pool, scrape through a QF then lose badly in a SF due to being knackered and/ or having lost key players to injury.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Tonga team to meet the All Blacks: David Halaifonua, Cooper Vuna, Malietoa Hingano, Siale Piutau, Viliami Lolohea, Kurt Morath, Sonatane Takulua; Maama Vaipulu, Fotu Lokotui, Sione Kalamafoni, Leva Fifita, Sam Lousi, Siua Halanukonuka, Siua Maile, Siegfried Fisiihoi. Reserves: Sione Anga'aelangi, Vunipola Fifita, Ma'afu Fia, Dan Faleafa, Zane Kapeli, Leon Fukofuka, James Faiva, Atieli Pakalani.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/r...s-inspiration-from-all-blacks-cancer-recovery

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
No Mo'unga so Bleaugan back 5/8 & Bender to 15 with JIoane on the bench:

All Blacks: 1-Joe Moody, 2-Codie Taylor, 3-Nepo Laulala, 4-Patrick Tuipulotu, 5-Sam Whitelock, 6-Ardie Savea, 7-Matt Todd, 8-Kieran Read, 9-TJ Perenara, 10-Beauden Barrett, 11-George Bridge, 12-Ryan Crotty, 13-Anton Lienert-Brown, 14-Sevu Reece, 15-Ben Smith

Reserves: 16-Liam Coltman, 17-Ofa Tuungafasi, 18-Angus Ta'avao, 19-Scott Barrett, 20-Luke Jacobson, 21-Aaron Smith, 22-Josh Ioane, 23-Jordie Barrett

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/rugb...cks-braced-for-tongan-impact-in-hamilton.html

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Unlike the Wallabies, it looks very much like the ABs are going with a full strength team against Tonga. I wonder which approach is likely to yield best results in the RWC?:confused::rolleyes:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Unlike the Wallabies, it looks very much like the ABs are going with a full strength team against Tonga. I wonder which approach is likely to yield best results in the RWC?:confused::rolleyes:

If Wobs had Wales first I think TGC would've picked a very different side & similarly if AB had Namibia Shag would've named a very different team. As it is, though, you've got Fiji & we've got SA hence the strength of the respective teams they've named.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ no. I'm saying TGC will play his top XV v Fiji & Wales after resting as many as practicable v Samoa. AB don't have that option, if the top guys don't play this week they go up v SA having not played in about a month.

EDIT: Erasmus seems to be taking a similar approach:

South Africa: 15 Willie le Roux, 14 Cheslin Kolbe, 13 Lukhanyo Am, 12 Damian de Allende, 11 Makazole Mapimpi, 10 Handré Pollard, 9 Faf de Klerk, 8 Duane Vermeulen, 7 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 6 Siya Kolisi (c), 5 Franco Mostert, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Malcolm Marx, 1 Steven Kitshoff
Replacements: 16 Bongi Mbonambi, 17 Tendai Mtawarira, 18 Trevor Nyakane, 19 RG Snyman, 20 Francois Louw, 21 Herschel Jantjies, 22 Frans Steyn, 23 Jesse Kriel

With all due respect to Japan esp after 2015, he doesn't need to wheel out all that heavy artillery, he's doing it for the same reasons as Shag is & TGC isn't.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
EDIT: Erasmus seems to be taking a similar approach:

South Africa: 15 Willie le Roux, 14 Cheslin Kolbe, 13 Lukhanyo Am, 12 Damian de Allende, 11 Makazole Mapimpi, 10 Handré Pollard, 9 Faf de Klerk, 8 Duane Vermeulen, 7 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 6 Siya Kolisi (c), 5 Franco Mostert, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Malcolm Marx, 1 Steven Kitshoff
Replacements: 16 Bongi Mbonambi, 17 Tendai Mtawarira, 18 Trevor Nyakane, 19 RG Snyman, 20 Francois Louw, 21 Herschel Jantjies, 22 Frans Steyn, 23 Jesse Kriel

With all due respect to Japan esp after 2015, he doesn't need to wheel out all that heavy artillery, he's doing it for the same reasons as Shag is & TGC isn't.
We just want a win; preferably a comfortable one and ideally a massacre.

It has been four years to live with pain.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and f***-em for voting France for RWC 2023!