• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Un-Australian Activities 2019

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
CruSadists 31-0 Horrorcanes & as they say in the classics they're very, very lucky to have zero. Possibly the worst I've seen the Horrorcanes play.

EDIT: right on cue Ben Lam manufactures a try from nothing-much-on.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
.....On t'other hand I've taken them in my tipping comp which has in the past been almost a guarantee of them losing...

Sorry guyz. Won't happen again 'cos right now I wouldn't tip them to beat the Sunwolves B-team that damn near knocked the 'tahs over (now watch them go out & put 60 past some poor pricks).

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Ouch, that was a towelling,Canes were poor, but then again Saders were pretty bloody good, there some pretty good skills on show! Coles at times looked like he playing a lone hand for Canes, that tight 5 (apart from Coles) is going to cost the Canes big time this year, I really can't see them getting much better with second row they putting out, they just not big enough!!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez and the Blues look like they just going to do a Blues on us again, they well beaten by Sharks with same old Blues stuff happening, no accuracy , not enough sharpness at 9-10 etc! And f***en Akira back to walking back to get in defence line, so he can avoid work!!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ early days of course but Bloos, Tribe & Horrorcanes all look well off the pace, Clan look OK but as always depth could be their issue, CruSadists again the headline act in terms of the NZ Conference & can only get better once the likes of Taylor, SamW & KRead get back on the park.

You may be surprised but I'm picking CruSadists to win the NZ Conference & at least make the SF. Clan to make QF provided they don't have too many injuries, Tribe & 'canes to make late runs but maybe too late. Bloos to either ignite or self-immolate as is their wont.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
I would not read too much into these early games. Everything is tailored toward the All Blacks and it is a world cup year so the NZ conference is only likely to get stronger near the very end of Super Rugby.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
^ early days of course but Bloos, Tribe & Horrorcanes all look well off the pace, Clan look OK but as always depth could be their issue, CruSadists again the headline act in terms of the NZ Conference & can only get better once the likes of Taylor, SamW & KRead get back on the park.

You may be surprised but I'm picking CruSadists to win the NZ Conference & at least make the SF. Clan to make QF provided they don't have too many injuries, Tribe & 'canes to make late runs but maybe too late. Bloos to either ignite or self-immolate as is their wont.
I see no reason why they wouldn't walk the competition again. Their nearest competitors, Lions, look to have regressed.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Yeah certainly a step back from the Blues this week.

Their backline really is a mess - which is not surprising as it has been this way for about 10 years and as many predicted not signing a proper centre is really starting to bite them. Faiane at 13 certainly did not work. Caleb Clarke is apparently out for 2 months. Collins will hopefully receive the axe once the Blues get back to NZ.

Papali'i was better this week (though needs to cut the dumb shit out of his game), Robinson, Nanai and young Tele'a were the standouts.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Their backline really is a mess - which is not surprising as it has been this way for about 10 years and as many predicted not signing a proper centre is really starting to bite them. Faiane at 13 certainly did not work. Caleb Clarke is apparently out for 2 months. Collins will hopefully receive the axe once the Blues get back to NZ.

As a fullback I'd imagine so. But I seem to recall that Collins actually played pretty well as a centre at the back end of 2016 or 2017? If so, dire times and all that.

Once he's back in NZ, MacDonald should spend the entire season, and off-season, lobbying NZR for the Blues to get Ennor back. He's not going to be playing much at centre for the Crusaders with Goodhue there.

EDIT: Ennor is only signed for 2018 and 2019, so there we go. With Williams and Nonu presumably gone next year, there'll be plenty of money available to throw at him.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
The Bulls don't travel well at all and it has been their problem for several years now.

Interesting competition in that already there are only 4 unbeaten teams - with the Rebels having had a bye.

The Jaguares may want to manage their players' workload this year with the world cup in mind when they pull over the other jersey. It may be wise for them to unearth some other players in their home games and their SA games and using their stronger squad for the Australasian tour.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
U-AA this week;

Sat 2 March Tribe v 'wolves
Sun 3 March Lions v Bulls
Sun 3 March Shawks v Stormers
Sun 3 March Jags v Bloos

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ pretty sure you're right.

EDIT: shit, Jags v Bloos is the "pick the score" match in my picking comp this week. Sure as I tip Jags by say 34-19 those Auckland freaks will remember what they're getting paid for & skin those Argie cnuts.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Sharks vs Stormers is going to be a top SA derby. Sharks look like the form team in our conference def favourates.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
IMG_0847.JPG