• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Un-Australian Activities 2020

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
By geez the Blues need to start with Nock at 9 he certainly looks a class above Ruru, especially clearing the ball!!!

Anyway that will do me as a season opener, really enjoyed it!!

Yep! Ruru is just awful. He has to be the worst 9 in the comp.it was bleedingly obvious last year and they picked him again.

Yes entertaining game - Cruden and all the current ABs looked good (both sides). Not sure Cane is an 8 though.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Geez I was nervous there for a while. At work and kept checking the score every 20 mins or so.

Got back to the office to see I was not wrong to pick the Chiefs on Superbru after all.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
LOL same shit, different year. Blues 8 millionth "plucky loss" in a row.

Had to switch off disdainful sneering TJ in favour of the Pitcairns commentary. Fuck that hateful clown.

LOL@ Rieko waving in self congratulation to the crowd while walking off at HT. DUDE. It's halftime of the first game of the season. You havent done a fucking thing yet.

Things started happening with Nock. Seemed a lot braver than last year.

Perofuture leaving 8 piss-easy points in his flux capacitor didnt help. Then Cruden, Destroyer of Worlds, comes on to rub his dumbarse nose in it. Pros vs Amateurs.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
FTR:

Chiefs 37 (Samisoni Taukeiaho 2, Pita Gus Sowakula, Aidan Ross, Solomon Alaimalo tries; Aaron Cruden pen, 3 cons, dg), Blues 29 (Tony Lamborn, Rieko Ioane 2, Karl Tu'inukuafe tries; Stephen Perofeta 3 cons; Harry Plummer pen). HT: 5-19.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Had to laugh at comms talking up Sotutu in 1st half "he's won the spot on merit, preseason, blah blah" then camera cuts to Akira in the stands in his civvies eating garbage. Sees self on screen and, like a lazy childish 6th former, tries to hide the snacks.

Fuck me.

You couldnt write a narrative like that.

Half of NZ probably gave up on the big birdbrained dumbarse right there and then.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Had to laugh at comms talking up Sotutu in 1st half "he's won the spot on merit, preseason, blah blah" then camera cuts to Akira in the stands in his civvies eating garbage. Sees self on screen and, like a lazy childish 6th former, tries to hide the snacks.

Fuck me.

You couldnt write a narrative like that.

Half of NZ probably gave up on the big birdbrained dumbarse right there and then.

Yep DP, I have been a huge critic of his (and shit copped some shit in here for it:D) but kept saying maybe this year he will finally get his act together, but when I saw that on TV screen last night I almost gave up on him ever coming right!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well maybe a loooong season being a Canes fan this year! F*** they were very ordinary! I not even sure what is needed to get them right apart from a decent pack, and a better backline!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
IMG_0938.PNG

https://super.rugby/superrugby/match-centre/?season=2020&competition=205&match=520017

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
^ how bad was the late shot on Kolisi? Anyone looking at an early flight back to NZ?[/quote
I thought Fifita was a touch fortunate to just get yellow, I know the Stormer's hooker was going down, but Fifita was never that low to start with!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Week 2:

Fri 7/02 Highlanders v Sharks 15:05 AEDT
Sat 8/02 Chiefs v Crusaders 15:05
Sun 9/02 Stormers v Bulls 02:15
Sun 9/02 Jaguares v Hurricanes 08:40

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Not entirely unexpected bad news for Chiefs:

"...Damian McKenzie, Nepo Laulala and Angus Ta'avao are all unlikely to suit up against the defending champions in Hamilton."

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...l-blacks-trio-for-crusaders-super-rugby-clash

Siya Kolisi likely to be sidelined for up to six weeks:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...-star-siya-kolisi-suffers-serious-knee-injury

Didn't get a real good look at it in the replay but Ricatelli's tackle looked only marginally late & not particularly malicious.

There is some good news for all spectators, however:

"You will no longer have to adjust the colour on your television or wear sunglasses when you watch the Highlanders play in their alternative jersey."

IMG_0939.JPG

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...ell-the-infamous-highlighter-fluoro-green-kit

Haven't seen a pic yet but apparently the replacement is a light blue. Gotta be an improvement, but.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
The Sharks have their best chance to beat the Highlanders. They like to travel and have a very good backline. If their forwards produce enough ball they will upset the Clan.

Stormers vs Bulls will be the last north south derby on Newlands. Its going to be epic.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Highlanders v Shorks:

Highlanders: Josh McKay, Tima Fainga'anuku, Rob Thompson, Josh Ioane, Jona Nareki, Mitch Hunt, Aaron Smith, Marino Mikaele Tu'u, James Lentjes (c), Dillon Hunt, Josh Dickson, Pari Pari Parkinson, Siate Tokolahi, Liam Coltman, Ayden Johnstone.
Replacements: Ash Dixon, Daniel Lienert-Brown, Josh Iosefa-Scott, Jesse Parete, Shannon Frizell, Kayne Hammington, Michael Collins, Teariki Ben-Nicholas

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Sharks
15 Aphelele Fassi, 14 Madosh Tambwe, 13 Lukhanyo Am (captain), 12 Andre Esterhuizen, 11 Makazole Mapimpi, 10 Curwin Bosch, 9 Louis Schreuder, 8 Sikhumbuzo Notshe, 7 Tyler Paul, 6 James Venter, 5 Hyron Andrews, 4 Ruben van Heerden, 3 Thomas du Toit, 2 Kerron van Vuuren, 1 Ox Nche

Substitutes: 16 Craig Burden, 17 Juan Schoeman, 18 John-Hubert Meyer, 19 Le Roux Roets, 20 Henco Venter, 21 Sanele Nohamba, 22 Boeta Chamberlain, 23 Jeremy Ward

Sharks by 8

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Chiefs v Crusaders
Saturday, 7.05pm, Hamilton
Referee: Ben O'Keeffe
Crusaders: Will Jordan, Sevu Reece, Braydon Ennor, Jack Goodhue, George Bridge, David Havili, Mitchell Drummond, Whetukamkamo Douglas, Tom Christie, Tom Sanders, Mitchell Dunshea, Scott Barrett (c), Oliver Jager, Codie Taylor, Joe Moody. Reserves: Andrew Makalio, George Bower, Michael Ala'alatoa, Luke Romano, Cullen Grace, Bryn Hall, Brett Cameron, Leicester Faingaanuku.
Chiefs: Damian McKenzie, Sean Wainui, Quinn Tupaea, Anton Lienert-Brown, Solomon Alaimalo, Aaron Cruden, Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi, Sam Cane, Mitchell Karpik, Lachlan Boshier, Mitchell Brown, Tyler Ardron, Atu Moli, Samisoni Taukei'aho, Aidan Ross. Reserves: Bradley Slater, Ross Geldenhuys, Ollie Norris, Naitoa Ah Kuoi, Pita Gus Sowakula, Brad Weber, Kaleb Trask, Alex Nankivell.

Man a tasty game on Saturday!!
Intersting Mounga out and Havili playing 10!!
And DMac starting at 15 for Chiefs, I am officially looking forward to this one!!