• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Un-Australian Activities 2020

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Odd that established England test player Ben Teo gave up what I presume was a megabucks NH contract to be suddenly playing at the hospice care Sunwolves.

Chiefs B team doing the business here. 17-7 after 25 mins

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Shorks 2/6 bench may be about to bite their arse big time with their 10 heading up the tunnel to potentially join Mapimpi in the failed HIA room.

EDIT: can't recall the last time I saw a Sethfricken scrum get beaten up this badly by a (non-AB) NZ one.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez what's happening, the Canes scrum actually demolishing another!! Brings tears to an old fella's eyes watching Tyrell Lomax's ramrod straight back when scrummaging!!! I think Scrafton was a shrewd buy form the Blues, him and Walker-Leawere are certainly going ok at lock, and winning opposition ball at lineouts!! Aumua is handling this level ok too!!
Reasonably pleasing altogether!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Odd that established England test player Ben Teo gave up what I presume was a megabucks NH contract to be suddenly playing at the hospice care Sunwolves.

Chiefs B team doing the business here. 17-7 after 25 mins

Chiefs went pretty well despite leaving some good boys at home! Think that young Trask will turn out ok at 10, looks reasonably composed for a kid.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Not a great night for the Sharks. Lineout was a disaster, passes were not on point. 50/50 balls did not sticck this week.

The Sharks scrum is a known weakness this season and on current ability probably on par with the Lions in that area.

Crusaders were also good in the lineout. A NZ focus point this season, perhaps?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Week 4:

Fri 21/02 Crusaders v Highlanders 17:05 AEST
Sun 23/02 Stormers v Jaguares 0:05
Sun 23/02 Bulls v Blues 02:15

Crusaders are holding a reunion this weekend for the 240 guys who've worn the Red & Black over the years.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Week 4:

Fri 21/02 Crusaders v Highlanders 17:05 AEST
Sun 23/02 Stormers v Jaguares 0:05
Sun 23/02 Bulls v Blues 02:15

Crusaders are holding a reunion this weekend for the 240 guys who've worn the Red & Black over the years.

How many of those 240 have gone on to wear only black? Surely more than 50%.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
There appear to have been 79:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusaders_(rugby_union)#List_of_All_Blacks

Includes several e.g. SBW who've also represented other franchises. Even so it's a few less than than the 90-100 I'd have guessed (mainly on the basis that if e.g. Goodhue was the 100th Crusader AB we'd have heard about it).

Thanks for that. I also expected a few more. Although, it's likely the long-standing Australian Super sides have had more test caps simply because the Wallabies have churned through so many players in the last decade rather than those sides developing and retaining quality players like the Crusaders.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)

OMFG.

You mean to tell me that ALL the cantabs will be together in the same room at the same time?

ibguns-thumb-500x213-11056.jpg

Left-to-right, D.Ismalpillock and Z.Ero.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Highlanders to face Crusaders
Ayden Johnstone, Liam Coltman, Siate Tokolahi, Jesse Parete, Josh Dickson, Shannon Frizell, James Lentjes, Marino Mikaele Tu'u, Aaron Smith, Mitch Hunt, Jona Nareki, Josh Ioane, Rob Thompson, Kirisi Kuridrani, Michael Collins. Reserves: Ash Dixon, Daniel Lienert-Brown, Conan O'Donnell, Jack Whetton, Teariki Benn-Nicholas, Tei Walden, Josh McKay

That Krisi Kuridrani is the former Reds winger and brother of Nemani Nadolo. Very interested to see how he goes after some time in NZ. Had a bit of potential at the reds but never managed to deliver (Was during the absolute basket case years of the reds so not too surprising).

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
ScoBar injured, CruSadists otherwise at full strength:

Crusaders: David Havili (c), Sevu Reece, Braydon Ennor, Jack Goodhue, George Bridge, Richie Mo'unga, Bryn Hall, Tom Sanders, Tom Christie, Cullen Grace, Mitchell Dunshea, Luke Romano, Michael Ala'alatoa, Codie Taylor, Joe Moody. Reserves: Andrew Makalio, Isi Tuungafasi, George Bower, Ethan Roots, Sione Havili, Mitchell Drummond, Brett Cameron, Leicester Faingaanuku.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...ptain-scott-barrett-to-miss-highlanders-clash