• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Under 20s

Status
Not open for further replies.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Can anyone tell me where to locate the training squad. The Manly Daily reported that Manly had 2 in it. So I guess it exists.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
I have looked extensively but have not found any references to the training squad. Only know of some names from W.A., N.S.W. and Q.L.D.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
The final squad will be interesting. I think a lot of last years forwards will be eligible, but a number, including Gill, Fainga'a, Quirk and Hooper have already been on the S15 stage. Will they be released?

Sitauti and Shipperley will return in the backs but not many others.

So it looks to a great forward pack and an unknown back line.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
According to my notes last year the following 2010 U/20 squad members were age eligble for 2011.

1/2. - Scott Sio
2. - Siliva Siliva
3. - PAE
4/5 - Greg Peterson
4/5/6/8 - Luke Jones
6. - Ed Quirk
7. - Michael Hooper
7. - Colby Fainga'a
7. - Liam Gill
8/6. - Lachlan McCaffrey
13/Wing - Dom Shipperley
13/Wing - Kimami Situati
13/15/Wing - Damon Anderson

Other good candidates:
9. Nic Stirzacker
10. Kyle Godwin
10. Rohan Saifoloi
12. Apo Latunipulu
13. Tom Kingston
15. Simon Morahan
15. Jake Woodhouse
15/Wing - Mitchell Felsman

They'll have a few good guys to pick from. We had some good young dogs last year but the Kiwis had young wolves.

Let's look for wolves, especially in the forwards.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Dempsey from View '09 was in the train on squad last year for this year...from his dad's mouth...

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
I've been impressed with Butler, who played No.8 for Qld A last start. He is eligible and would have to be a big shot of filling that spot. Also from Qld there is an outside back in Joel Faulkner who might be worthy of consideration.

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
The final squad will be interesting. I think a lot of last years forwards will be eligible, but a number, including Gill, Fainga'a, Quirk and Hooper have already been on the S15 stage. Will they be released?

Sitauti and Shipperley will return in the backs but not many others.

So it looks to a great forward pack and an unknown back line.

Can't answer if they will be released however they did relatively recently with guys like Beale and Horne.

B

Bradley

Oz Under 20 trial
Possibles v Probables
Sydney Academy of Sport at Narrabeen
Today 16 March 2011
1 pm

Players will be culled after this game and another squad will go to camp in April. There will be more culling there to arrive at a final squad. Hmmm....might mosey on down for a peek.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
No, both turned 20 in 2010; so not eligible in 2011.

Ok maybe the IRB website is not accurate.

It had them listed as:

Aidan Toua 28/09/1991 19/10/90
Luke Morahan 28/08/1991 13/4/90

About one-third of the IRB D.O.B. details for Oz players were wrong last year - LG

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
According to my notes last year the following 2010 U/20 squad members were age eligble for 2011.

1/2. - Scott Sio
2. - Siliva Siliva
3. - PAE
4/5 - Greg Peterson
4/5/6/8 - Luke Jones
6. - Ed Quirk
7. - Michael Hooper
7. - Colby Fainga'a
7. - Liam Gill
8/6. - Lachlan McCaffrey
13/Wing - Dom Shipperley
13/Wing - Kimami Situati
13/15/Wing - Damon Anderson

Other good candidates:
9. Nic Stirzacker
10. Kyle Godwin
10. Rohan Saifoloi
12. Apo Latunipulu
13. Tom Kingston
15. Simon Morahan
15. Jake Woodhouse
15/Wing - Mitchell Felsman

They'll have a few good guys to pick from. We had some good young dogs last year but the Kiwis had young wolves.

Let's look for wolves, especially in the forwards.

Some good cattle there, the forwards look like they will be particularly strong, and all the better for having played last year for the majority of them. As suggested by Every.... all the S15 guys will probably be encouraged to take part. Will the S15 be over by the end. The only top youngster not to have gone this route is JOC (James O'Connor), but he'd already made the big show.

Other names that I thought might be considered are Eddie Breddenham from Sydney Uni, and Nicky Price.

T

tranquility

Should be a good looking squad. Kyle Godwin from WA has big wraps on him

T

tranquility

In realtion to Aidan, they ARU applied for him to play when he was 17 but the IRB rejected it because he was too young. He then went on to have a succession of major injuries and only played the one tournament.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
As I edited above - about one-third of the IRB d.o.b. details for the Oz players last year were wrong. It was though they had a spreadsheet and got the columns out of line for some of them.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
You're right. I had his name highlighted as a replacement player and got that mixed up with the guys I had highlighted as eligible for 2011.

Went to the trial today. Oz U/20 wannabies got smashed by the Hawkes Bay Academy 61-7, or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.