• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Underbelly 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Doesn't really seem as interesting a story as the first one but still enjoying it.

But I am concerned about the factual inaccuracies. First and for most there are far too many attractive kiwis in the show. I mean, c'mon. They're gorgeous. But kiwis?

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Eh bro.

Not as good and no really colourful characters so far. I reckon we had about three montages tonight set to 70s music classics.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Thought I was watching Countdown.
Still can't quite come to terms with Matthew Newton being at all threatening. The guy playing Trimbole is an absolute dead-ringer though, and Andrew McFarlane was pretty close as Don McKay.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Love it. Playing "Am I ever going to see your face again" over a montage of Bert Jnr chopping some dude's head off with a shovel.

Subtle.

F

formeropenside

Thanks Moses, I dont have to bother getting the DVDs now.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Blue said:
You are all suckers for punishment.

If all you want to see is a pair of boobs just go to www.showmesomebigtitsnowpleaseiamdespeaate.com and save yourself the agony of sitting through a decidedly average tv series packed with less than average actors.

;D
Aaah, Blue, but they were good boobs!! I think the action picks up this week with some of the more "colourful" and violent characters stepping up.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
But I am concerned about the factual inaccuracies. First and for most there are far too many attractive kiwis in the show. I mean, c'mon. They're gorgeous. But kiwis?

ATM it is also the year 1978 in the show & they are serving VB on tap in Melbourne, if I recall it was all Fosters & CD on tap until about the mid 90's.

First two episodes were pretty crap but the 3rd episode was a bit more hard hitting. Episode 4 will introduce a well known aussie criminal the one & only Mark Chopper Read.

I'm keen to see if Roger Rogerson is big during this series as it's pretty well known that he basically ran the Sydney underworld in the late 70's.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
disco said:

ATM it is also the year 1978 in the show & they are serving VB on tap in Melbourne, if I recall it was all Fosters & CD on tap until about the mid 90's.

First two episodes were pretty crap but the 3rd episode was a bit more hard hitting. Episode 4 will introduce a well known aussie criminal the one & only Mark Chopper Read.

I'm keen to see if Roger Rogerson is big during this series as it's pretty well known that he basically ran the Sydney underworld in the late 70's.

Really? Roger Rogerson as in the (highly decorated) corrupt cop from the '70s? I thought he was just a big player, involved in taking plenty of bribes, aiding a few hits, cover ups, etc. Like the police liason for the underworld. Ah well.

The 1960s/1970s/1980s were such an embarassment in terms of corruption in the eastern states in Australia.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Uncle chop chop apparently offered to loose weight to play himself in the series. Not sure how he was going to grow his ears back?

F

formeropenside

Scotty said:
Uncle chop chop apparently offered to loose weight to play himself in the series. Not sure how he was going to grow his ears back?

I guess they'd do fake ones, like for Liv Tyler in Lord of the Rings, or Mark Wahlberg in Boogie Nights.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
formeropenside said:
Scotty said:

I guess they'd do fake ones, like for Liv Tyler in Lord of the Rings, or Mark Wahlberg in Boogie Nights.
Must confess I didn't notice Dirk Diggler's ears that much! ;)

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
yeah I don't get that movie. I thought the whole premise behind the story was that he had a massive cock?

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Really? Roger Rogerson as in the (highly decorated) corrupt cop from the '70s?

The one & only. In the movie Blue Murder a few of the seedy characters from that have already shown up in underbelly so I would assume that Rogerson will make an appearance.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
isn't it great to see that women getting their norks out ARE getting better roles? Good ol' Anna Hutchinson has cracked Holleywood.

Kristen Connolly (Revolutionary Road), Chris Hemsworth (Star Trek), Anna Hutchison (Underbelly), Fran Kranz (Dollhouse) and Jesse Williams (The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2) have been cast in the Joss Whedon-scripted, Drew Goddard directed horror thriller Cabin in the Woods. They will join the previously announced cast of Richard Jenkins (The Visitor) and Bradley Whitford (Bottle Shock).

?Finding this ensemble has been very hard and very rewarding.? Observed Whedon, who continued, ?Each of the ?kids? is unique, fascinating and talented, and like true friends, the group is more than the sum of its parts. These are people you care about, able to go toe-to-toe with the amazing actors we?ve corralled thus far, and not unpretty in the bargain. I can?t wait to harm them.?

The filmmakers still have yet to release an official plot synopsis or one sentence logline for the ?genre-twisting? project, but /Film?s own Brendon Connelly blogged his thoughts on an earlier version of the script. I?ve since been told by MGM sources that the shooting screenplay is very different than the initial draft, but if I would assume that the concept is pretty much the same.

Cabin in the Woods has already begun filming in Vancouver, and is now scheduled for a February 5th 2010 release.

A horror movie set in a secluded cabin? Its a fair bit we'll be seeing more of Ms Hutchinson's yobs on the big screen.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I'm a bit disappointed that we've had male genitals on-screen (fight scene in the shower) but no minge...

Status
Not open for further replies.