• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Unpopular opinion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

todd4

Jim Clark (26)
My non-PC opinion... stop calling them the hug-waaries. That may be the spanish pronunciation and great for a Spanish commentator speaking to a Spanish audience. In English we know them as Jaguares so when commentating to an English speaking audience call them the farking Jaguares.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
My non-PC opinion. stop calling them the hug-waaries. That may be the spanish pronunciation and great for a Spanish commentator speaking to a Spanish audience. In English we know them as Jaguares so when commentating to an English speaking audience call them the farking Jaguares.

WRONG! they aren't actual Jaguares (the animal) which has multiple translated names in a bunch of different countries. They actually are the Hagooaares. It's the name of the team. I'm still called fuckin Tom no matter what country i'm in, you know what i mean?

B

BLR

WRONG! they aren't actual Jaguares (the animal) which has multiple translated names in a bunch of different countries. They actually are the Hagooaares. It's the name of the team. I'm still called fuckin Tom no matter what country i'm in, you know what i mean?

Well I dunno, you'd be Фома́ in Russian according to Wikipedia. Or Tomac if you want to be less fun.

todd4

Jim Clark (26)

Are the team called the Hagooaares or the Jaguares? By the way I googled Hagooaares and the word does not appear to exist.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Well I dunno, you'd be Фома́ in Russian according to Wikipedia. Or Tomac if you want to be less fun.

I disagree, one is a proper noun used to refer to a specific thing, and another is a noun used to refer to a class of things. There's definitely a difference.

In Russia i am still Tom though i might've been named Tomac should i have been born Russian.

B

BLR

I disagree, one is a proper noun used to refer to a specific thing, and another is a noun used to refer to a class of things. There's definitely a difference.

In Russia i am still Tom though i might've been named Tomac should i have been born Russian

With that logic we should call Japanese people 'Nihonjin' should we not?

But at the end of the day people call things whatever the hell they want, so I think we can call them the Jaguars in the English way, people call the Force the Farce all the time despite that clearly being an incorrect pronounciation, oh well. ;)

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
>Thread is "unpopular opinions"
>Is on Australian supporters forum

Most Kiwi fans are insufferable and a lot of the All Blacks are just as, if not more, grubby than their international counterparts (Cane, Cole, Messam, Retallick, the fucking Ioanes!).

U1PHT7H.gif

B

BLR

I would say that would be from the non-Australians more than anything. The countries that don't have to deal with the bloody Kiwi's every couple of weeks.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I dont mind losing a team and only having four in our conference

I like conference systems (not how ours works- should play all teams in conference twice)

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
In my opinion, this thread won't threaten the Redundant Loop of Maudlin Despair for page count. It may, in fact, permanently sit at the other end of the Bell Curve if many people confuse "unpopular opinion" with thinly veiled abuse / trolling etc...
That's my unpopular opinion.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Guys be very wary on this thread.

Review the Rules (HERE)

in particular

6. Play the ball not the man. Personal comments will be deleted and you'll get a card or ban.
This also applies to comments about players, coaches, Referees and other public figures. Feel free to criticize their play and decisions with reasoning, but not slander them as a person.
"Like last weekend, he's always seagulling and it gives me the shits" is OK.
"He's a f*ckwit who'll never amount to anything" is not.
Only a complete knob jockey resorts to personal insults anyway.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
My non-PC opinion. stop calling them the hug-waaries. That may be the spanish pronunciation and great for a Spanish commentator speaking to a Spanish audience. In English we know them as Jaguares so when commentating to an English speaking audience call them the farking Jaguares.

In that case you would need to spell them with the English version as well. Do you also refuse to pronounce friend's names correctly?

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
It appears my post was so unpopular it was deleted by the mods.

Oops? Of everything I've ever posted I really didn't think it was too offensive.

I'm genuinely a little disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.