• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Unpopular opinion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The team to be dropped from Super Rugby should be the Waratahs.
Reason 1: Most players would get picked up by other clubs, thus satisfying their employment fears.
Reason2: Would make the ARU reside and operate in an independent area thus alleviating public belief that the ARU are unaware of anything outside of Sydney and make staff appointments and Wallaby selection from an independent viewpoint.

To actually make Oz teams better for Super Rugby, 2 teams should actually be dropped, the second team being the Reds. NSW and QLD can run successful rugby competitions without Super Rugby while the other states can't.

The antarctic comes to mind

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Given my last post was unpopular to the point it was deleted, I'll tone it down a bit for this one:

Every time I see a "Whats Link doing these days?" post in a Reds thread I cringe a little. I think its time the Reds fanbase emotionally detatch themselves from Ewen McKenzie. He's not coming back.

The same thing could probably be said about Quade Cooper's 2011 form. 6 years is a long time.

Its time to look forwards (and I don't mean into the rear-view mirror).

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Every time I see a "Whats Link doing these days?" post in a Reds thread I cringe a little. I think its time the Reds fanbase emotionally detatch themselves from Ewen McKenzie. He's not coming back.

He certainly fucked it the first time around.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I reckon the 2005 Lions series and in particular the second test were peak Dan Carter.

He was simply incredible then.

His great strength was that he did everything to a very high level and had no weaknesses in his game.

And he just did ALL the basics, the fundamental skills, really, really well. Apart from that banana goal-kick, he never struck me as doing the freakish things, he just did everything at a high level. Even knowing when to take a tackle because that was the thing to do, not fling it away. Smart and unselfish.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
I'm sitting on a train in Sydney that's absolutely full of red scarves - people on their way to a meaningless friendly to cheer agaisnt the Aussie team.

If the FFA can tap into a fraction of the inherent support for soccer in this country with some level of competence then we'll never get anywhere near their sport ever again.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Australian Super Rugby franchises execute the box kick tactic really well. Actually, the aussie Super Rugby franchises kick well in all facets of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.