• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Unpopular opinion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Shit which every pro team does that pisses me off and never gets penalised. (And the frequency with which I see it)

Offside at the kickoff (every single time)

Players going down as if they're ready to be taken off before a scrum/lineout then being 100% fit when the ball is fed (every single time)

Minimum one attacking player with no intention of staying on his feet at the ruck (75% of the time)

Players being taken out well beyond the ruck (40% of the time)

Players rolling multiple times to gain extra metres/prevent pilfers (30% of the time)

EDIT: The amount of likes seems to suggest that these aren't unpopular, just comparatively unsaid. Damn.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Shit which every pro team does that pisses me off and never gets penalised. (And the frequency with which I see it)

Players going down as if they're ready to be taken off before a scrum/lineout then being 100% fit when the ball is fed (every single time)

Minimum one attacking player with no intention of staying on his feet at the ruck (75% of the time)

Players rolling multiple times to gain extra metres/prevent pilfers (30% of the time)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yessss! A curmudgeonly post after my own heart. Especially points 3 and 4.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Well, depends on where you ask. I'm sure within the QRU Carpark, it'd be an unpopular opinion ;)

What for Stiles to drive out - then see.
Stiles seems like a nice and smart bloke.
I think they must be getting their water shipped up from Moore Park.

D

daz

EDIT: The amount of likes seems to suggest that these aren't unpopular, just comparatively unsaid. Damn.

Well said, that man.

Can we please add feeding directly to the #8 at scrum time, as one of the eye-sores of the code?

Pretty soon our scrums will become about as useful as Loigue scrums.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Referee's should feed the scrums, the halves have to stay behind the flankers.

Ummmm...... fuck no. There area already enough claims of bias. I can see folks pausing the TV and measuring the angle of deviation and blowing up at a 1 degree bias to the team they aren't supporting.

Shiggins brain would explode every scrum. There is already enough stress in his life, lets not needlessly add to it.

Parse

Bill Watson (15)
Ummmm.. fuck no. There area already enough claims of bias. I can see folks pausing the TV and measuring the angle of deviation and blowing up at a 1 degree bias to the team they aren't supporting.

Shiggins brain would explode every scrum. There is already enough stress in his life, lets not needlessly add to it.

Hmmm... maybe I should have posted that in the "Popular Opinion" thread instead.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Hmmm. maybe I should have posted that in the "Popular Opinion" thread instead.

Sorry, for some reason I thought this was the "refereeing decisions" thread.

My bad, you are welcome to keep posting unpopular opinions here in a safe place.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Ready the lynch mob!

IMHO Will Genia (in part) is the poster boy for what is wrong with the Wallibies, ARU and professional Rugby in Australia right now.

So after getting off his banana lounge from next to a pool in QLD, playing under a hypothetical Super Rugby deal, he starts for the Wallabies and we see the same performance issue that we have in the past and its just all ok.

So its ok to settle for the known performance issues? Its doesn't ring warning bells that the European sides who hold the contracts for our supposed best players don't seem at all bothered about releasing them?

How is this advancing Aussie Rugby? We have seen Cheika (with the support of the ARU and their abundance of $$) do this with the likes of Douglas, Cooper, Houston, Mumm, Beale. What has it produced or benefit has it provided to Australian Rugby?

Like now and in the future, the fact that we don't have depth, the required level of skill and the players level of commitment and passions are questioned is ironic.

Oh the rich irony that the two post Scotland loss apologists are Genia and Cheika.

<end rant>

Parse

Bill Watson (15)
The sad thing about that statement is that you could apply it to any one of the current Wallabies squad.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Ready the lynch mob!

IMHO Will Genia (in part) is the poster boy for what is wrong with the Wallibies, ARU and professional Rugby in Australia right now.

So after getting off his banana lounge from next to a pool in QLD, playing under a hypothetical Super Rugby deal, he starts for the Wallabies and we see the same performance issue that we have in the past and its just all ok.

So its ok to settle for the known performance issues? Its doesn't ring warning bells that the European sides who hold the contracts for our supposed best players don't seem at all bothered about releasing them?

How is this advancing Aussie Rugby? We have seen Cheika (with the support of the ARU and their abundance of $$) do this with the likes of Douglas, Cooper, Houston, Mumm, Beale. What has it produced or benefit has it provided to Australian Rugby?

Like now and in the future, the fact that we don't have depth, the required level of skill and the players level of commitment and passions are questioned is ironic.

Oh the rich irony that the two post Scotland loss apologists are Genia and Cheika.

<end rant>

Genia played under the Giteau rule not a Super Rugby contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.