• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

US Masters golf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
After 10 or so holes, Scott, Day, Ogilvy in the lead. McIlroy coming apart at the seams. I want an Aussie to win, but if Scott wins I owe my brother-in-law a case of premium beer. Ouch! Go Geoff!

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I'm surprised you are a golf fan. Good finish - Schwartzel pulled that one out of his arse, but Scott and Day had great rounds too - couldn't ask for more than what they did on the final day.

Poor McIlroy though. He is the most talented young golfer (along with Manessero), but seems to always have one shocking round in the majors.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I have been getting up a sparrows every morning since Friday to watch this, and boy did it all pay off this morning. What a finish, pretty gutted that Scotty or Daisy couldn't get it done. They played so well, but Charl just played better.

The Masters has an amazing ability to bring out the best in anyone competing against an Australian. A fucking 4 birdie finish, the arsey bastard!

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
i'm not a huge golf fan, but i was glued to the tv all day to watch the final round. was great to see 5 guys in it until the end.

the saffa showed some stones to close it out like that. hard to stay cool when the pressure is on (see rory).

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Scotty - you mean because of my environmentalism? I'm not actually a huge golf fan - I play once a year or so. But it was an awesome last round and I got caught up in the excitement. Don't tell Bob.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Scotty - you mean because of my environmentalism? I'm not actually a huge golf fan - I play once a year or so. But it was an awesome last round and I got caught up in the excitement. Don't tell Bob.

Not specifically that part, but I guess it could be part of it.

See the scam being run by a offset emissions company also caught out the Australian PGA? They thought they had a 'zero emissions' event, turns out it is likely bs.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member

I have always maintained that the last 9 holes of a golf major is the most gripping sports event on the planet. The drama and tension is so palpable, and it really tests the measure of a man. Some collapse under the pressure, some thrive. It can be brutal, cruel, but so gripping.

Most people I know were laughing at me for getting up so early this week to watch the Masters, and think watching golf is akin to watching paint dry. But come 8:00 this morning they were sitting next to me on the couch, glued to the action like I was.

bryce

Darby Loudon (17)
True, but there's something about the level of tension involved in golf. It's not my favourite sport to watch, but I can't imagine how hard it would be, all those people watching on, the time it takes to play, the amount of time between actually playing your shots. So much time to think, worry and over-analyse. I think that is what makes it compelling viewing. Watching the final round of a major is like watching last minute sideline conversions in a tri nations match, with the scores locked. Not the most spectacular, athletic thing to watch, but so much pressure on the guy taking the shot. Over, and over again, with plenty at stake.

T

TOCC

just stumbled into this whole other part of the forum which includes non rugby related material ;)

Anyway, just thought i would mention that i was a lucky son of a bitch who was at the final day of the 2011 Masters in Augusta :)

Status
Not open for further replies.