• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

USA v All Blacks Test - Chicago November 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Oh God, there goes the aura again..

Yeah, nah, bro the guys are cracking up 'cos Whitelock has said "shit, I used to walk to primary school in Fielding in worse than this." & Barrett chips in with "Yeah bro, me too & we had no shoes, had to use cow pats to prevent frostbite".

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Reminds me of earlier in the year. Mates of mine were in Chicago when the polar vortex hit. It was something like 30F below in Chicago and about 38C above in Sydney. We were at the beach and they were freezing their bollocks off.

It was 37C here today and the weather ap is telling me it is 4C in Chicago ATM.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Apparently field is slightly narrow too, so with freezing weather we may not see a real flowing game.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Apparently field is slightly narrow too, so with freezing weather we may not see a real flowing game.

I was looking into it and I think it's 1.5m short on each side, so really not that bad. Quick throws just aren't going to happen though as the sideline is basically at the edge of the ground.

The field itself is total shit which makes me wonder why they choose Soldier Field in the first place. The NFL has been petitioning the Bears to replace the field for years.

It gets worse when it's this cold too.

A few scrums in the same place and you may be able to take home a piece of Soldier Field as a souvenir!

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
One might have though Miami a slightly more climate-wise choice - or Texas, or Louisiana, but I am not one to know these things.

Texas had their game and I don't think the fan base in Miami or Louisiana justifies an AB test - or any Tier 1 test right now.

San Diego on the other hand..

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Interesting take on the Anthems in Chicago.

Can't fault the passion of the Septics.

Looking forward to hearing the USA Commentators call the match.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Fuck me, having daylight savings in NSW, ACT & Vic but not Q'land is confusing. Lucky I got up early to check out what happened at Twickers.........

Melbourne Terrace

Darby Loudon (17)
I don't think i can get through a full 80 minutes with these commentators. 2 Minutes in and i've already heard Touchdown and Laterals.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Early try Harris. Channel 10 should hire the commentary team. WTF is the TMO's problem? Cruden misses from the touch line, 5-0.

@MT remember this is live on US Network TV, 90% of the folks watching know nothing about the game so maybe the comms guys are trying to put things in terms they'll understand?

Uncle Craig getting up the TMO "I want quicker decisions" or some such. Love it.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I don't think i can get through a full 80 minutes with these commentators. 2 Minutes in and i've already heard Touchdown and Laterals.

They are preaching to many non-believing heathens as this is going out on NBC station in the USA.

Things need to be explained (often in great detail) in terms that they know.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Defending Olympic Rugby Champions open their account with a penalty. NZL 5 USA 3. 11:25 gone.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Defencing Olympic Rugby Champions open their account with a penalty. NZL 5 USA 3. 11:25 gone.

Not according to allblacks.com:

ALL BLACKS 3 VS 5 USA

Try time Cory Jane off a Dagg offload. Harris gone, Mealamu on. Cruden from the other touch line gets it, 12-3.

Weather looks OK, stadium looks fucking awesome.

FFS allblacks.com still has the score the wrong way around. Eagles kiwi 5/8 gets 3, 12-6 approaching 1/4 time.

Tuipolotu in under the sticks, Cruden converts for 19-6.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Fucking hell the ABs aren't looking to let them into the game. Just got their 4th try and breaking the line almost at will.

This could get ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.