• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Usain Bolt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
He's pretty quick.

I'll leave it to YOU to google his 9.69 then his 9.58. Even scarier are his heat races where he smashes the field looking around and laughing from about the 60m. I think we might have the real deal here.

Best athlete in history? Jesse Owens? Ali? Bradman? He might almost already be the guy.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Certainly the fastest athlete over 100m in history.. not sure I'd give him all the accolades yet though. Obviously an amazing performer and charasmatic guy, would love to see him try some other sports as well.. could play rugby 7's in 2016 for example...

He's taller than Jeremy Clarkson, would make a decent winger... plus he's already used to wearing green and gold....

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Love the call in German! :lmao:

He's a freak - sprinters for a time were these muscle-bound power athletes who were rarely more than 6 feet tall. To see a massive wiry bloke do it is amazing.

Interestingly, I was reading an article the other day that Aboriginal footprints were found at an estimated speed of 37km/h - Bolt goes about 42 at top speed.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
I just reckon that the 100-200 double makes him "the fastest man on earth." And by a long way. The speed he produces from 40-70m is unearthly. I think he's a biomechanical freak in that zone. Everything just clicks super-perfect.

the gambler

Dave Cowper (27)
Not too bad in the 5-30 bit as well. He had the gap crossed to the guy on his outside in a couple of strides. Must have been demoralising but he fought on well to grab a medal.

Status
Not open for further replies.