• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Use of derogatory terms

Better derogatory name for soccer

• Wendyball

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Chavball

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Diveball

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Sookball

Votes: 12 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chief

I think Soccer should be known as Football. As you do generally only use your foot.

I think League should be known as "Bogan ball"

AFL should be known as "Aussie Rules."

Was hearing a Rugby league fan talk about sports. The higher the scores the lower the IQ he was saying. Right at the top is AFL, where they are all a bunch of fools. Next comes League, where a lot of them are completely stupid, I personally think more so then AFL. Next comes Rugby, and then Soccer. I think he's onto something.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I think in recognition of what the boys across the ditch did last night they should call it Kiwiball.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Poofball will do. Political correctness has gone way overboard. Gay people I know use the term poofy all the time and take no offence when I use it. A mate of mine who is gay told me once that most of them feel more segregated when people tip toe around thim with political correctness.

Soccer is also the sport I used to recommend to the parents of the junior teams I have coached as the sport the kids should play in the off season. They learn a huge array of coordination skills that can be transfered into their rugby.

On the subject of soccer.

Why can't the Greeks ever win a soccer world cup? Everytime they get a corner, they build a fish and chip shop on it.

A greek mate of my father told me that one.

What has this thread got to do with rugby?

D

daz

What has this thread got to do with rugby?

Nothing. But isn't it nice to talk about our feelings?

Add a dozen beers to this thread and we will all be declaring our love of our fellow man....

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
I've put up a poll. I'll add any more sugestions that come in. Winner to be "official" G&GR derogatory term, although individual members may choose to use other terms.

Any chance of adding "keep poofball"? Like many others, I know a few gay's and I don't know a single one that has sa problem withwendy things being called gay/homo etc etc

The world is so fucking PC & I hate it. It's a sad day when a few lads talking rugby can't refer to something lame as gay/poof or weak.

T

TheTruth

Nothing. But isn't it nice to talk about our feelings?

Add a dozen beers to this thread and we will all be declaring our love of our fellow man....

Maybe you would like to go "greek" but not me

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Fagball? I don't really hate soccer all that much, but it's fun to taunt opposition codes sometimes. In terms of offending gays, it's probably not intentional. I actually find it worrying that the world game, and therefore a large population of men, are nothing more than sooky drama queens.

Soccer has alot going for it, but there are moments throughout the match that makes the game such a frustrating spectacle to watch: red cards, dives, soft players, draws, no video ref. To me, soccer is a game about luck. So much luck is involved in winning a match of soccer. Sure, there is glimpses of skill, but most matches consist of players passing the ball to each other under no pressure and then the odd hack shot at goal that deflects off a bunch of players, eventually finishing in the back of the net. And diving.

rustycruiser

Billy Sheehan (19)
Any chance of adding "keep poofball"? Like many others, I know a few gay's and I don't know a single one that has sa problem withwendy things being called gay/homo etc etc

The world is so fucking PC & I hate it. It's a sad day when a few lads talking rugby can't refer to something lame as gay/poof or weak.
This thread is gay!

:D

T

TheTruth

Soccer would be much more exciting if they opened the goals by 2 metres so that games may go 15-12, 10-9 - people like watching goals scored. maybe at end of each half a penalty shootout of say 5 - it would make the game half interesting

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Most football fans actually find the name soccer quite annoying. BTW I find watching soccer at 2-3 times normal speed makes the game interesting and look very skillful.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
On the topic of political correctness:

[video=youtube;1IYx4Bc6_eE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IYx4Bc6_eE[/video]

Plenty more Stewart Lee on YT.

cheezel

Bill Watson (15)
I've never heard wendyball, but i like it.

This is my favourite moment of the wc so far

Ahhh-My-Face.gif

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Love it Scarfy.
One of these guys would disembowel himself if he got rucked, based on that video.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
There are some great soccer dive compilation vids on youtube.

The headbutt ones are hilarious.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Lovely example tonight from an Honduran player taking a backwards dive seven, yes, seven, seconds after being slapped in the face by a star Spanish player...the half time analysts were counting the seconds it took for that player in question to fall down...saying it he went down instead of up before the end of the 'count of ten'...

Status
Not open for further replies.