• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Vice Chancellors Cup - Armidale

Status
Not open for further replies.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I'd be very interested to hear how Melbourne Grammar goes.

They are traditionally a top 4 school in the Vic Schools league and it would be good to see how they compete at this level.

This being said I think most of their better talent graduated onto club rugby (Melbourne Harlequins, grr) at the end of last season.

R

rugbywhisperer

en_force_er said:
I'd be very interested to hear how Melbourne Grammar goes. They are traditionally a top 4 school in the Vic Schools league and it would be good to see how they compete at this level.This being said I think most of their better talent graduated onto club rugby (Melbourne Harlequins, grr) at the end of last season.

You asked here it is,
Game 1 - defeated by St Eddys Canberra 0 - 33
Game 2 - defeated by Downlands 0 - 43
Game 3 - Sunday lost to St. Edmonds Qld 0 - 35

Sorry.

R

rugbywhisperer

Okey dokey,
TSS defeated St Edmonds ACT 69 - 5 in what was from the get go a very one sided affair.
St Eddys beat Nudgee I in the semi final on a countback and TSS def Nudgee II 12 - 5 in their semi final. Full cedit to St Eddys as they never gave in and were sportsmen to the T.

Don't take nay heed of the Nudgee I and Nudgee II nomenclature.
Nudgee thought they would get cute and stack their B team in an effort to have Nudgee v Nudgee in the final however their plans came unstuck very spectacularly. Having had their main team (Nudgee II which was in effect their 1st XV) beaten by TSS, the Nudgee players hot footed it to the adjacent field in an effort to stack the other team now already in a golden point playoff against St. Eddys only to be rightfully denied by the officials. Now having both sides out of the cup final they didn't even stay around for the 3-4 playoff, leaving their spectators and the tournament organisers very ashamed, disgraced and annoyed.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
rugbywhisperer said:
en_force_er said:
I'd be very interested to hear how Melbourne Grammar goes. They are traditionally a top 4 school in the Vic Schools league and it would be good to see how they compete at this level.This being said I think most of their better talent graduated onto club rugby (Melbourne Harlequins, grr) at the end of last season.

You asked here it is,

Sorry.

It's okay they are bitter rivals of the school I went to.

Apparently they have a bad crop this year anyway.

R

rugbywhisperer

melb Grammar and also Scotch played very well considering the opposition and were true sportsmen.
The experience they got would have been immense against that opposition.
They done good.

S

straightshooter

rugbywhisperer said:
Okey dokey,
TSS defeated St Edmonds ACT 69 - 5 in what was from the get go a very one sided affair.
St Eddys beat Nudgee I in the semi final on a countback and TSS def Nudgee II 12 - 5 in their semi final. Full cedit to St Eddys as they never gave in and were sportsmen to the T.

Nudgee thought they would get cute and stack their B team in an effort to have Nudgee v Nudgee in the final however their plans came unstuck very spectacularly. Having had their main team (Nudgee II which was in effect their 1st XV) beaten by TSS, the Nudgee players hot footed it to the adjacent field in an effort to stack the other team now already in a golden point playoff against St. Eddys only to be rightfully denied by the officials. Now having both sides out of the cup final they didn't even stay around for the 3-4 playoff, leaving their spectators and the tournament organisers very ashamed, disgraced and annoyed.
Interesting point there - something about taking the bat and ball and pissing off back to the hallowed Ross Field except they didn't get to take the ball - jeez bad sportsmanship all around - would be sure that the decision was not of the making of the boys but the coaching staff - how good a lesson is that 9for the boys) SAD SAD SAD

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Ah, how did Scotch go?

They had their poorest year in a long time last year. That being said they still came 3rd with 1 Aus schoolboy and 1 Combined states schoolboy.

M

manu

Congrats to TSS, well done boys and Coaching staff, as for Nudgee leaving what school would play their players against each other with the start of Rugby season just around the corner hope all boys who participated the event had fun and enjoyed themselves even better made more friends well done...
straightshooter said:
rugbywhisperer said:
Okey dokey,

Interesting point there - something about taking the bat and ball and pissing off back to the hallowed Ross Field except they didn't get to take the ball - jeez bad sportsmanship all around - would be sure that the decision was not of the making of the boys but the coaching staff - how good a lesson is that 9for the boys) SAD SAD SAD
rugbywhisperer said:
en_force_er said:

You asked here it is,

Sorry.

R

rugbywhisperer

manu said:
Congrats to TSS, well done boys and Coaching staff, as for Nudgee leaving what school would play their players against each other with the start of Rugby season just around the corner hope all boys who participated the event had fun and enjoyed themselves even better made more friends well done...
Let me ask you then manu - would Nudgee have stayed if they were playing off for 1 and 2 or even in the final.
Of course they would have, to say they left to save their players from bashing each other is only cheapening the tournament and all the other players who participated.
They left because they lost. That's it - there is no mitigating circumstance.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
It's bizarre for me to hear that Melbourne Grammar is any good at rugby. They were soft as silk when I played.

In my day it was Geelong Grammar, St. Kevins and Scotch College that were any good.

Being a Scotch old boy, I'm curious how they went too :)

R

rugbywhisperer

James Buchanan said:

Day 1:
Scotch def Newington II 10 - 5
TSS defeated Scotch 51 - 0
Marist ACT def Scitch 26 - 0

Day 2:
Scotts PGC def Scotch 10 - 0
I don't have the result for the Scotch v St. Edmunds Qld but I think they won.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
rugbywhisperer said:
Day 1:
Scotch def Newington II 10 - 5
TSS defeated Scotch 51 - 0
Marist ACT def Scitch 26 - 0

Day 2:
Scotts PGC def Scotch 10 - 0
I don't have the result for the Scotch v St. Edmunds Qld but I think they won.

That's a lot better than I expected. Thanks.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
James Buchanan said:
It's bizarre for me to hear that Melbourne Grammar is any good at rugby. They were soft as silk when I played.

In my day it was Geelong Grammar, St. Kevins and Scotch College that were any good.

In my day (very recently) It was always Skevs/Scotch/Grammar a the top of the table in that order. However in the 2 years since I left Xavier/Geelong/Trinity have picked up there act.

In the last year or so Skevs still dominate with Scotch/Grammar/Xav/Geelong/Trinity having potential to be in any order. It's great to see.

S

scrubber

straightshooter said:
rugbywhisperer said:
Okey dokey,

Straightie,
Bit tough on NC aren't you - I would not want my school teams beating each other up in a competition that means zero - allows for plenty of square-ups and injuries for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.