• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Vikings v Eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Not too bad actually. No Mogg so no woeful kicks. About 27 degrees and pretty steamy. Joe Powell scores for Vikings. Converted. 42-37 with 4 minutes to go.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Anybody have more information about why Moggy wasn't playing? I am pretty sure I saw him at the game walking around with his arm in a sling. Good to see Pat McCabe at the game. I had to laugh at the over paid water boys for the Vikings! The Fro Bro's, Joe and Henry!

Good atmosphere, pretty good crowd, not a bad game, Eagles deserved the win playing well in the 2nd half.

Vikings are still disjointed, look like they are struggling for a consistent game plan (IMHO they are playing like a team that are in the second week of the comp: lost, bitsy, slow in defence and in general play, and full of errors from a lack of continuity and solid game plan), and when pushed show they lack a plan 'B', and default to the simple forwards oriented game.

I have real concern about McKellar's coaching credentials. He is being comfortably out-coached by people who have not reached the Super Rugby level yet. It has to be a concern for the Brumbies. He is spoilt with the cattle on the park should be producing better results.

Not all doom and gloom, some good individual performances.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Thanks Merrow.

Were Kellaway's tries good or just standard wingers stuff?

They were good as he was doing exactly what he is supposed to doing -being a good winger! Nothing more, nothing less, and its exactly why he is playing so well!

Status
Not open for further replies.