• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

VRU 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
Grand final schedule for this weekend:

Pitch 3 (Archery Field):
10:15am - Premier 4 - Melbourne v Southern Districts
11:45am - Premier 3 - Harlequin v Melbourne
1:20pm - Premier 2 - Harlequin v Endeavour Hills

Pitch 2 (Middle Pitch):
11:15am - Division 2 B Grade - Maroondah v Bendigo
1:00pm - Women - Western Districts v Power House

Pitch 1 (Closest to the clubhouse):
11:30am - Third Divison - Melton v Melbourne
1:15pm - Division 2 A Grade - Eltham v Kiwi Hawthorn
2:50pm - U9 Exhibition Game - Harlequin v Box Hill
3:15pm - Premier 1 for the Dewar Shield - Harlequin v Box Hill

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
I watched, Quins put together the most dominant half of rugby I have seen all year from a 1st grade team in the 1st half. They were able to pull back a little in the 2nd but in the last 20 they turned it on again. Whilst the 'story' of Box Hill going from last to premiers would have been awesome, Quins deserved to win as they have been the form team this 2nd half of the year.

Axemen

Allen Oxlade (6)
Totally agree, the QUINS forwards were especially impressive and their backs kept the dangerous Box Hill backs in check. QUINS could of put another 2 tries on in that first half and really put the game away. Thought Marsters at 15 for QUINS was also impressive.

Can anyone tell me how a Rising player in Junior Palia can play in a 2nd Grade Grand Final? We know teams always do some creative listings coming into the finals but this is just ridiculous. Reminds me of when Uni qualified half of their 1st Grade to win 2nd Grade 2-3 years ago.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
Totally agree, the QUINS forwards were especially impressive and their backs kept the dangerous Box Hill backs in check. QUINS could of put another 2 tries on in that first half and really put the game away. Thought Marsters at 15 for QUINS was also impressive.

Can anyone tell me how a Rising player in Junior Palia can play in a 2nd Grade Grand Final? We know teams always do some creative listings coming into the finals but this is just ridiculous. Reminds me of when Uni qualified half of their 1st Grade to win 2nd Grade 2-3 years ago.

Junior has been playing 2nd for most of the year, his form hasn't been that great TBH.

pablo

Darby Loudon (17)

Fair enough, sounds like the better team won it in a canter.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Junior has been playing 2nd for most of the year, his form hasn't been that great TBH.

Why is a player purported to be in form not worthy of starting in the league's worst team, and often playing 10 in 2nd XV from what I've seen, in the Rising squad? We've got Meehan, Stirzaker, and even probably Burgeo if he's rested from the Wobs (and he probably will be). Hell we even have the Rising assistant coach/Quins starting 9 who's played for Auckland.

Shame to see a spot get wasted.

Axemen

Allen Oxlade (6)
Who went to the Rising Game, I didn't make it to AAMI? How did the local boys go? Sefa the 13 seems to be getting quite a few big write ups, what is everyone's opinion.

pablo

Darby Loudon (17)
Who went to the Rising Game, I didn't make it to AAMI? How did the local boys go? Sefa the 13 seems to be getting quite a few big write ups, what is everyone's opinion.

Sefa went well, looked very comfortable at that level. Very deserved write ups. Sione played about 60 mins at 7, was fairly present all over the park and fitted in well with Lopeti Timani and Luke Jones in the back row. Reuben came off the bench and had some good involvements, rewarded for running non stop with a nice try. Joe Kamana had a very nice run to set up a 1st phase try. Lloyd had about 3-4 minutes...small man that one!

Status
Not open for further replies.