• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wales vs Springbokke

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Bokke struggled past Italy on the weekend. The last test is going to be tough as nails. Luckily no chicken runners , so hopefull we'll have some new energy in the team. How Heyneke "malkoei siekte" Meyer can pick Johan Goosen/Guthro Steenkamp in a Bok team is beyond me. Lambie not a test 10, Carr & Pollard must start. How Meyer can release Senatla to the 7s? Hell another missed oppertunity.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Cos of what?

He's uhm, pretty crap?

Mr Excuse. It's always someone else's fault.

He has some good talent. Really good talent. Never really seems to get them to fire consistently. 2012 was a shining light but let's face it that year Ireland was shocking and England didn't know it's arse from its elbow.

I am yet to come across a Welshman who has a good thing to say about him. Is that about to change?

Surely has has the worst win/loss record of any international coach:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Gatland#Wales

0% agains the SH teams
Crap record against the other home nations.

He has had an awfully long run for such a poor record.

Oh and he is in a class of his own when it comes to poor excuses.

Wales have pushed SA close every year for a long time now. Maybe this year it will change? We look tired and disjointed. A clever game plan that puts pressure on Reinach is away to beat us at the moment. Rush him and make him kick more. Wales tries to beat us with bravado and chest beating. they have the tools to beat us but Gatland doesn't seem to know how.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
I was kind of following the argument til you got to the bit about crap record against home nations. Then you lost me.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Look, ch has his faults. His obsession in picking 9-10 based purely on size is the biggest. His dogmatic plan for substitutes is mind numbing. But the idea that he has any influence on Wales not holding their nerve to close out games against Sh teams is ludicrous. And the welsh you've spoken to might consider the looney bin that is welsh rugby vs wru is what holds us back far more than ch.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Look, ch has his faults. His obsession in picking 9-10 based purely on size is the biggest. His dogmatic plan for substitutes is mind numbing. But the idea that he has any influence on Wales not holding their nerve to close out games against Sh teams is ludicrous
I don't know, I think a lot of pundits would place the coach at the forefront of developing systems, game plans and substitution plans to give the team the tools and belief to close out games. Sure the individuals have a role, but so too the coach. And he's had a good run at it with Wales. I think he has to bear some of the "blame".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Thanks for your views. You're wrong
Because? You like to chuck plenty of free advice around, but that's all you've got? I went to a talk by David Kirk. He explained the reason the ABs have that belief to close games is that everyone clearly knows their job, where they fit in the system, and focuses on executing their job and trusting that others do the same. This comes from the systems put in place by the coaching team. I reckon he might know more about winning tight matches than you.
But please enlighten us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Wales have pushed SA close every year for a long time now. Maybe this year it will change? We look tired and disjointed. A clever game plan that puts pressure on Reinach is away to beat us at the moment. Rush him and make him kick more. Wales tries to beat us with bravado and chest beating. they have the tools to beat us but Gatland doesn't seem to know how.
Moving along. I'm fascinated to know why you think the wheels have fallen off sa. Watched the all blacks games this season and the game against orcland. They were like clash of the Titans. What's going wrong?

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Please don't take my silence as validictory. Don't think a debate based on my source is bigger than yours would get us anywhere

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Well this is weird. Never been in position of thinking more of the opposition than their own supporters!

Cmon bois. Our record against South Africa is worse than against New Zealand! If you carry on like this the optimism gnome will be back

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Have you lost any forwards too? - says he hopefully. Etzebeth matfield and vermeulen would be three that come to mind.

And I'm glad to learn what mad cow disease is in Afrikaans. Can't think when I'm going to use it tho.

Clefyd y gwartheg gwallgof if you ever want to describe Meyer when in Wales

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Clefyd y gwartheg gwallgof
I love your language when I visited WC final in 1999.

Chicken runnin Bokke are
Bakkies Botha (Toulon, France) - Lock, 83 Test caps
Schalk Burger (Suntory, Japan) - Loose forward, 73 Test caps
Johan Goosen (Racing Metro, France) - Fullback / Flyhalf, 5 Test caps
Bryan Habana (Toulon, France) - Wing, 103 Test caps
Ruan Pienaar (Ulster, N Ireland) - Scrumhalf, 80 Test caps
JP Pietersen (Panasonic, Japan) - Centre / Wing, 56 Test caps
Gurthrö Steenkamp (Toulouse, France) - Prop, 52 Test caps
Morné Steyn (Stade Francais, France) - Flyhalf, 59 Test caps
& Vermaak
They are useless anyways. would love to see some young blood vs Wallis.

Our lot is tired and dead, cant see them getting close to the deadly Red Dragons.

Status
Not open for further replies.