• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Wallabies Thread

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Just pick some Rebels,

Smith
McMahon
Hanson
Timani
or Hodge.

Give some of these guys a real chance to prove themselves. Can't wait to see Sefa tearing it up in Gold later in the year.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Torp
Even I am gobsmacked at any of those players.

It was meant for jest Scrubber.
In all seriousness though, I want to see Ready debuting for the wallabies this year, with Hunt, Neville and possibly Talakai running out at test level in 2017 (if they are in form then)

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Talakai, Ready or Neville sure.

Houston and Hunt are a no for me. But the catch is you have to drop Simmons for Neville, Slipper for Talakai, Moore for Ready and throw in Genia for Frisby.

Neville for Simmons - yeah
Slipper for Talakai - no. Talakai in for Ala'alatoa (or however it's spelt)
Ready for Moore - yeah
Houston & Hunt - hopefully they find form in 2017 and gain test selection then
Pickle for Genia - no. Phipps changes to the number 23 shirt/into the stands. Genia starts and Pickle on the bench
That is what I would do /seriousness

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
It was meant for jest Scrubber.
In all seriousness though, I want to see Ready debuting for the wallabies this year, with Hunt, Neville and possibly Talakai running out at test level in 2017 (if they are in form then)

I can see Ready getting a berth on EOYT (2016), possibly Hunt as well but not the others.

I did see the jest Torp

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Given current salary projections, what chance is there that Hunt stays in Australian rugby?

He'll presumably be taking a big payout to do so

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
What's been most frustrating about the 2016 wallabies is how many dumb soft tries they've given up

Charge downs - multiple times and another very near miss on the weekend
No 8 run off the back of the scrum straight through the team's best defender
Missed 5m line out straight in for the try
Kerevi's knock on
Etc etc

Add to that, the inevitable tries which come from handing over possession from shit kicks straight to opponents within our own half up against a broken defensive line.

Knock out these brain explosions and we run England a lot closer and probably aren't disgraced by the ABs.

But then, how do you stop them?

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Given current salary projections, what chance is there that Hunt stays in Australian rugby?

He'll presumably be taking a big payout to do so

Such dismissiveness.

He is injured. In the mean time, with the debacle unfolding at the WBs, we need every potential alternate available and cracking on. Hunt is not far outside the 35, if at all when injury free.

EDIT: right now I'd give my eye teeth for Hunt to be available to Cheika. Might not use him, but it can be nothing but a good thing to be available.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
What's been most frustrating about the 2016 wallabies is how many dumb soft tries they've given up

Charge downs - multiple times and another very near miss on the weekend
No 8 run off the back of the scrum straight through the team's best defender
Missed 5m line out straight in for the try
Kerevi's knock on
Etc etc

Add to that, the inevitable tries which come from handing over possession from shit kicks straight to opponents within our own half up against a broken defensive line.

Knock out these brain explosions and we run England a lot closer and probably aren't disgraced by the ABs.

But then, how do you stop them?

That's what has made me scratch my head, the dumb footy we've played. Wallaby teams have always been renowned for doing the opposite. Not sure why we've all of a sudden become so brainless with our option taking.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
What's happened with Stirzaker? Injured? Poor Form?

His form was poor when he returned from injury (Was not ready), did not find it until the last game or two. But than he was working with the horrible out of form JD as well which did not help his case.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
When the ARU sit down to revue 2016 I hope they pose a question to themselves that goes a bit like this: In hind sight, what would it have cost the ARU, Wallabies, and associated Super Rugby teams if Hooper, McMahon, Gill, Phipps, Foley, Folau, Morohan etc had spent the entire season in the Sevens squad? The Super rugby teams might've under performed, the June test series might be lost 3-0, and the Wallabies might not have been in any way competitive in the opening Bledisloe match. Lessons for 2020 I hope.