• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Wallabies Thread

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Of course Chek's not happy !

He had a shit season last year - horrible.

This year ain't looking too flash for him based on the results of 2 rounds of Super Rugby

Luckily the first 3 tests should be easy wins, or will they be ?

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
KB (Kurtley Beale) is a huge player for us moving forward and I hope Cheika can convince him to return. He becomes even more important with Foleys medical issues at the moment.
There is some outstanding young talent coming through but we are really lacking playmakers.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Foley could be a HUGE loss for the Wallabies despite his low percentage to the kicks. QC (Quade Cooper) as first option at 10 is suicide and scare me and I'm a fan of him!. I don't see an Aussie fly half playing at great level in Super Rugby. Cheika should pick a Shute Shield flyhalf, lol Hawera is a good prospect but he's not elegible! (At least he can kick to the posts).

Without Foley and with QC (Quade Cooper) playing at the starting, Reece Robinson is a serious option on the wing, to kick to the posts as JOC (James O'Connor) in the past.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Jono Lance is more than solid. I reckon that Cheika will see KB (Kurtley Beale) as a 12, a second playmaker and a way to bring Folau into the game. Also if he starts at 12 we may not need a backup 10 on the bench.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
After the weekend's Six Nations results, Australia is now locked into 3rd in the rankings heading into May when the RWC 2019 pool draw is done.

It is possible for Wales to overtake Ireland into the top 4 if Wales win away against France and England beat Ireland.

It is possible for Scotland to drop as low as 9th if they get flogged at home by Italy. You'd have to think that is unlikely.

France can also drop to 9th if they get flogged by Wales.

Currently Argentina is 9th and that would seem the most likely spot for them when the draw is done.

Effectively the pool of death will be whichever one has Argentina as the third ranked side.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
1. Alan
2. Moore
3. Robertson
4. Arnold
5. Coleman
6. Timani
7. Hooper
8. Higginbotham
9. take your pick
10. Cooper
11. Nabuli
12. Hodge
13. Kerevi
14. DHP
15. Folau

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Three rounds in, what does a wallabies XV look like on current form?

Here would be my stab at it. I have not gone solely on form but have opted for some Wallabies over complete green-horns.

1. Slipper
2. Latu
3. Kepu
4. Arnold
5. Coleman (Skelton excellent in his one game, Rodda has been very good, Carter decent).
6. Fardy
7. Hooper
8. Timani (Higginbotham decent)
9. Powell
10. Lance
11. DHP
12. Kerevi (best guy playing 12 has probably been Meakes)
13. Kuridrani
14. Folau (for someone playing wing, maybe Peni or Robinson)
15. Hunt

Current Wallabies well down on form: Robertson, Moore, Simmons, Douglas, Mumm, Phipps

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
We're pretty close there BH. I did similar, where there wasn't a standout rookie I chose the incumbent provided his form isn't complete shit. I'd agree with you on Latu, and with the injury to Coleman sub in either Carter or Skelton. Fardy has been good but I think he is done in gold. Kepu and Robertson toss up, Mayhew and Weeks have both been good.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
We're pretty close there BH. I did similar, where there wasn't a standout rookie I chose the incumbent provided his form isn't complete shit. I'd agree with you on Latu, and with the injury to Coleman sub in either Carter or Skelton. Fardy has been good but I think he is done in gold. Kepu and Robertson toss up, Mayhew and Weeks have both been good.

Correct me if I'm wrong, KOB, but doesn't Robertson play LH and Kepu TH? Certainly Ala'alatoa is a TH at the Brumbies and as far as I recall in all of his Wallaby games as well. In short, I don't see Robertson and Kepu both competing for the one spot.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
You are probably right, Robertson can play both sides though. Kepu is TH only and if you are right about Alan then happy to swap Robertson and Alan around. In any case I'm not expecting this to be the team, it was just answering the question!

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Purely on form, and only in the positions they have been playing.

1. Sipper 2. Latu 3. Ala'alatoa
4. RHP 5. Arnold
6. Fardy 8. Higs 7. Hoops
9. Louwrens 10. Lance 11. Peni 12. Meakes 13. Kerevi 14. Speight 15. Hunt

16. Tessman 17. Cowan 18. Talakai 19. Rodda 20. Timani 21. Powell 22. DP 23. Perese

Few of the Super Rugby journeyman doing well, along with some youngsters. Nabuli has run well but defensive liability whereas Perese gets his tackles and breaks tacklers almost every run. Shame no room for Rona. English was better @ 13. Tahs outside backs been dissapointing but IMO playing out of their best position. Hunt been laying on some huge hits and been vital for ball playing, getting a nod over incumbent DHP after 3 rounds. Quademisses out to DP on bench coz even those quade has been quite good as a 10, DP has been making better kicks, running ball, and hitting hard. Backrow was tough, but front props noone has been a standout.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
No mention of Israel Folau in there somewhere??

Edit: OK, I see your comment about only in the positions they have been playing. Timani has played one game at 6 and one in the row.

T

TOCC

Wallabies likely to play France in November the week before the England test..

4 Nov Japan
11 Nov France
18 Nov England
25 Nov Scotland

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Wallabies likely to play France in November the week before the England test..

4 Nov Japan
11 Nov France
18 Nov England
25 Nov Scotland

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
England must be close to the world record by that game if all goes well?

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Only if you believe that Cyprus should be excluded from the world record for some reason. Elsewise they still have to reach 25 -- or thereabouts -- to take the record.

EDIT: And that would entail having to win matches in Argentina with what is likely to be a very Lions-depleted squad.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Quick look at the fixtures. Ireland will be 19. Three Argie games - up to 22. We'll be game 23, with Samoa number 24.

Break the record next six nations.

Some tough games through there but then there were some tough games in the 17 games before that.