• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Wallabies Thread

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Here would be my stab at it. I have not gone solely on form but have opted for some Wallabies over complete green-horns.

1. Slipper
2. Latu
3. Kepu
4. Arnold
5. Coleman (Skelton excellent in his one game, Rodda has been very good, Carter decent).
6. Fardy
7. Hooper
8. Timani (Higginbotham decent)
9. Powell
10. Lance
11. DHP
12. Kerevi (best guy playing 12 has probably been Meakes)
13. Kuridrani
14. Folau (for someone playing wing, maybe Peni or Robinson)
15. Hunt

Current Wallabies well down on form: Robertson, Moore, Simmons, Douglas, Mumm, Phipps

Maybe not exactly all on form but here is my combined form and on players XV id have for the June int.

1 Sio
2 Latu
3 Kepu
4 Arnold
5 Coleman
6 Timani
7 Hooper
8 McMahon
9 Louwrens
10 Foley
11 Peni
12 Kerevi
13 Folau
14 Naivalu
15 DHP

16 Ready
17 AAT
18 Slipper
19 Higgers
20 Carter (much meligned from my end, but he's been good this year)
21 Powell
22 Beale (love him off the bench)
23 Hodge/Peni

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Rebels3 - you clearly have a better perspective on Rebels' players than I do, but why Timani at 6 and McMahon at 8. Why not the other way round?

I am also continually surprised when posters who have such a strong attachment to and understanding of the game mix up the side of the scrum that certain props play. Slipper is a LH prop and Allan a is at present a THP. Their numbers would be Slipper at 17 and AA at 18.

You also have Peni in the starting side and also potentially on the bench. I'd agree atm to the starting selection, but by June I think he will be more likely a bench consideration as others with more experience and time in the game come into form.

I'd also have Kuridrani at 13 over Folau, but I very much like Kerevi at 12.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Only if you believe that Cyprus should be excluded from the world record for some reason. Elsewise they still have to reach 25 -- or thereabouts -- to take the record.

EDIT: And that would entail having to win matches in Argentina with what is likely to be a very Lions-depleted squad.
Cyprus are not an official union registered with World Rugby. You won't find them on the world rankings. This means they did not have to comply with WR (World Rugby) eligibility rules, ands its suggested many players who contributed to their winning streak were South Afrikan.

Sent from my FairPhone

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
Cyprus are not an official union registered with World Rugby. You won't find them on the world rankings. This means they did not have to comply with WR (World Rugby) eligibility rules, ands its suggested many players who contributed to their winning streak were South Afrikan.

Sent from my FairPhone
I have previously posted a link on here showing world rugby acknowledging them as having the longest streak. I can't find it online now which is interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Surely with Pocock out of the picture we will get some respite from the midget back row? Timani at 6 is an excellent call. McMahon not showing much at the moment is he? I would have one George Smith in the mix ahead of him on current form.
Higgers at 8? We need to have a strong lineout moving forward. Cannot afford not to.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Interesting that Timani is still not getting any lineouts at the Rebels. It's always been his weakness and it's not getting addressed

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
McMahon is yet to play this year due to his ankle injury.
Only 3 rounds into the comp, with only 5 teams to follow, and someone on an Australian Rugby Fan site doesn't know that a regular Wallaby hasn't played yet, making silly claims as a consequence.

Either JB has a very low attention span, the problems facing Super Rugby are a lot closer to the pessimistic POV than us optimists hope, or a combination of both.

T

TOCC

If Folau remains at 13 for the Tahs then he should be on the wing for the Wallabies. Kerevi is a better outside centre and DHP is developing into a more all-rounded fullback then Folau. Need a fullback who has a kicking game, and Folau doesn't, I think moving back to wing could give him more freedom.

15 DHP
14 Folau
13 Kerevi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Could also end up with Hodge remaining at 12, Kerevi 13, DHP and Folau on the wings and Beale at fullback.

Also the Kerevi / Kuridrani midfield is another option but perhaps the least likely with them both playing 13.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Rebels3 - you clearly have a better perspective on Rebels' players than I do, but why Timani at 6 and McMahon at 8. Why not the other way round?

I am also continually surprised when posters who have such a strong attachment to and understanding of the game mix up the side of the scrum that certain props play. Slipper is a LH prop and Allan a is at present a THP. Their numbers would be Slipper at 17 and AA at 18.

You also have Peni in the starting side and also potentially on the bench. I'd agree atm to the starting selection, but by June I think he will be more likely a bench consideration as others with more experience and time in the game come into form.

I'd also have Kuridrani at 13 over Folau, but I very much like Kerevi at 12.

I don't think having both McMahon and Timani in the same back row makes any sense. Our lineout will be under pressure again.
Id start Higgers with McMahon on the bench covering all 3 back row positions with the intention of replacing Timani at 40-50.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
There must be a real risk that Foley needs a significant time out of the game to recover from the concussion symptoms

www.rugby.com.au/news/2017/03/28/00/09/bernard-foley-concussion-round-six

So where does that leave us at 10? Can you risk QC (Quade Cooper) with his predilection for dangerous tackles or getting injured? Are we really going to have Jono Lance? What are the other options?

Its alright with the Stats posted on the Front page none of the Super sides need a 10 anyway and with one of the worst performing sides in terms of attack being "coached" by Larkham the Wallabies won't need one either. Just stick anyone there. I reckon Beale will be 10 without playing a game in Australia this year.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Its alright with the Stats posted on the Front page none of the Super sides need a 10 anyway and with one of the worst performing sides in terms of attack being "coached" by Larkham the Wallabies won't need one either. Just stick anyone there. I reckon Beale will be 10 without playing a game in Australia this year.

If Foley is unavailable Beale will be Wobs 10 for sure.