• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2019 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
roll on Friday morning when they announce the squad and we can finalise this once and for all.
You think that will end it?
road.gif

B

Bobby Sands

The obvious changes that they can and should make are to 6 and 14. The Perth win glossed over those two weak areas.

15 as well.

Banks is our man for the core functions of competition fullback play.

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
Need more speed at 6 and on the wing.
Shame there is no McMahon, I would go with Samu at 6 with Coleman and Pocock on the bench. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) to bench if there is no Pocock.
Wing should be Beale with Banks at 15 and Hodge at 23.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Need more speed at 6 and on the wing.
Shame there is no McMahon, I would go with Samu at 6 with Coleman and Pocock on the bench. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) to bench if there is no Pocock.
Wing should be Beale with Banks at 15 and Hodge at 23.

Have there been any official announcements about Pocock and Samu's injuries?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I think it is likely that units that haven't been starting will be the primaries for this next game so .........

Slipper,
TPN,
Tupou,
Coleman,
Simmons
Jones
Valetini,
Wright
Powell,
Foley
Ashley-Cooper
To'omua,
Kuridrani,
Petaia,
Banks.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Samu's not injured, Im guessing he pissed off the powers that be by not going to one of the camps and then not being invited again.

is that known? He just didn't turn up to a Wallaby camp?
Then screw him. He deserves not to be picked.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
No Jones?

He hasn't taken his chances well, but probably should've been given a start against Argentina to see if he was up to it..........

I feel we've left it late to test out backrow combinations, and in hindsight there's a few form players from the year that probably should've had a look in.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
is that known? He just didn't turn up to a Wallaby camp?
Then screw him. He deserves not to be picked.

"Cheika has yet to comment on why Samu hasn’t been called up to the squad.
But it’s understood that Samu’s stocks went down during last year’s Spring Tour, while his decision to miss part of a Wallabies training camp earlier in the year to attend a wedding didn’t do himself any favours."
https://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/...r/news-story/0c4f2d14d25bf2b2dcec8d9536e6233a
It seems pretty apparent that if Pocock is going to get selected (and it seems almost certain he will), there really isn't room for Samu.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I'd like to see something likme the following against Samoa :

Slipper, TPN, Tupou, Arnold, Coleman, Valetini, Wright (or Pocock if fit), Naisarani, Powell, To'omua, Beale, O'Connor, Kuridrani, Petaia, Banks.

Reserves - Uelese, HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) (even though not in the squad), Kepu, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Samu (or Wright), White, Lealiifano, Hodge.

I'd like Arnold to rest please. No point getting bashed by the big islanders before RWC. I don't think he needs more game time.

Agree on everyone else.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
interesting Hoiles pushing Samu. I know he wants him in the 7s team this year. If he misses the RWC squad, then I think they'll push hard for him to play 7s for the rest of the year.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yeah, I think there's some merit to push Beale into Hodge's wing spot, so we can still get the best from Beale but negate some of the issues we have from him playing fullback.........

And Hodge's flexibility could be handy from the bench.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I think it is likely that units that haven't been starting will be the primaries for this next game so ...

Slipper,
TPN,
Tupou,
Coleman,
Simmons
Jones
Valetini,
Wright
Powell,
Foley
Ashley-Cooper
To'omua,
Kuridrani,
Petaia,
Banks.

Similar to my list of a couple of days ago FP. Only differences, Simmons and Jones in the forwards and Foley and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) in the backs. Lets now see just how far off the mark we both are when Cheika announces his team.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
That’s about right. If Pocock is fit he needs to play a half to prove himself.
Maybe Petaia gets a run at 13? AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is probably not a wing anymore.

It would be nice to play a couple of wings with genuine pace and see what happens.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Maybe Petaia gets a run at 13? AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is probably not a wing anymore.

It would be nice to play a couple of wings with genuine pace and see what happens.

Nah I think Petaia should start on the wing as he could easily start there over Hodge come RWC with a good display. JOC (James O'Connor) has been fine and Kuridrani whilst underwhelming is no liability (just needs more involvement).

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)

I noticed this pic of the non-playing squad members re the bottle throwing incident, I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure that’s Speight:

3D11CD5C-FDED-4336-900D-ABF312F8FC66.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.