• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2019 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
It'll be whoever is at 10. Probably Lilo. Hopefully he doesn't shit the bed like at Eden Park.

Ever notice how lots of players shit the bed at Eden Park vs the All Blacks, probably the hardest place to play in the world.. Think in Japan he will be alright.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
How Australia approaches Reece Hodge's citing will be interesting.

Seemingly they will have to plead it was a yellow card only offence for him to get away with no suspension. This will be difficult as they initially need to show that it wasn't a shoulder charge because his arms were wrapping sufficiently. They then need to convince the commissioners that it wasn't a high degree of danger.

This gets into the more subjective elements of what was involved in Hodge's tackle.

Personally I think the Wallabies will need to consider what the likely outcome is for pleading guilty. It would certainly be to miss the Wales game but that could be it. Certainly he'd be back before the quarter finals. I tend to think this is the sort of outcome they need to go for and then just move on. There's also the issue that if you fight to get Hodge off his charge and play him, you've had enough uncertainty for enough of the week that it proves disruptive anyway.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Is Petaia fit? Because we are looking at AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) on the bench for the Wales game and that's not ideal.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Reckon we'll have 15 well covered with DHP and JOC (James O'Connor) both out there as well. I'd be bringing Kuridrani into the 23 in Hodge's place.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
How Australia approaches Reece Hodge's citing will be interesting.

Seemingly they will have to plead it was a yellow card only offence for him to get away with no suspension. This will be difficult as they initially need to show that it wasn't a shoulder charge because his arms were wrapping sufficiently. They then need to convince the commissioners that it wasn't a high degree of danger.

This gets into the more subjective elements of what was involved in Hodge's tackle.

Personally I think the Wallabies will need to consider what the likely outcome is for pleading guilty. It would certainly be to miss the Wales game but that could be it. Certainly he'd be back before the quarter finals. I tend to think this is the sort of outcome they need to go for and then just move on. There's also the issue that if you fight to get Hodge off his charge and play him, you've had enough uncertainty for enough of the week that it proves disruptive anyway.

I was thinking about this earlier, it's not ideal but it would probably be the sensible thing to do.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I was thinking about this earlier, it's not ideal but it would probably be the sensible thing to do.

We can apparently challenge the grading of the offence (i.e. should it have been a red card or was it only worthy of a yellow card) without affecting the later plea.

We'll do that and then if unsuccessful, Hodge will plead guilty for a reduced suspension.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I notice that NZer Nigel Hampton QC (Quade Cooper) is chairing Hodge's hearing. I'm pretty sure he's the bloke that found Hooper guilty when Sanchez took a dive a few years ago.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
I notice that NZer Nigel Hampton QC (Quade Cooper) is chairing Hodge's hearing. I'm pretty sure he's the bloke that found Hooper guilty when Sanchez took a dive a few years ago.

Same guy who dismissed Moody's elbow to the throat on Beale because "he had a clean record"?

Status
Not open for further replies.