• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2019 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
TK ran nice lines against a lesser defence, its hard to reach much into that. I would have liked to see him pass a bit more though.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
They do have the talent. They just don't have a game plan or a coaching team.

Mate that team was quality 1-22 with some genuine all time greats. Hell even Jason Little one of the finest centres you will ever see couldn't make the starting XV.

No one in the current set up is anywhere near that quality.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Mate that team was quality 1-22 with some genuine all time greats. Hell even Jason Little one of the finest centres you will ever see couldn't make the starting XV.

No one in the current set up is anywhere near that quality.
Mate you should just pack it in. The odds of Australia ever becoming the best in the world like they were in 99 is nearly non existent.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Stuart Barnes just spoke what I was thinking, are the Wobs a better backline with Kerevi off bench?

Genia
Lilo
Koro
Matt T
Kuridrani
Pet
DHP

Kerevi & Beale off the bench

Beale is such an enigma. At times when he's enjoying his rugby you can see some of his brilliance and then other times .. well.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Stuart Barnes just spoke what I was thinking, are the Wobs a better backline with Kerevi off bench?

Genia
Lilo
Koro
Matt T
Kuridrani
Pet
DHP

Kerevi & Beale off the bench
Petaia makes that backline possible. He’s the one on one threat wide that creates opportunities inside. I expect that will be close to what we see next year (minus Lilo), can’t see them dropping Kerevi at this stage. Had Petaia not been injured during Super I’d expect we’d see a Kerevi-JP pairing, which is our best I reckon.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Wallabies need to sort out their back-row.. POOPER+Isi just hasn't been cutting it, after today i would like to see:

6. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
7. Hooper
8. Dempsey

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Wallabies need to sort out their backrow.. throw POOPER on the scrap heap and go with the below:

6. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
7. Hooper
8. Dempsey

Bring Pocock off the bench for the last 30 to replace any of the above.
You’re watching the half time gap filler. Kearns makes a good point in that he hasn’t seen naisarani pass the ball yet. I like that back row.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
You’re watching the half time gap filler. Kearns makes a good point in that he hasn’t seen naisarani pass the ball yet. I like that back row.

Im watching the halftime highlights of Dempsey yeah, he had a good game and if it weren't for some of his early basic errors i think he should have been MOTM and not TK..

Pocock just isn't the same player he was and we can't keep playing him hoping he will come into form, also the laws around the ruck have changed which doesn't reflect his best attributes either. W

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Im watching the halftime highlights of Dempsey yeah, he had a good game and if it weren't for some of his early basic errors i think he should have been MOTM and not TK..

Pocock just sent the same player he was and we can't keep playing him hoping he will come into form, also the laws around the ruck have changed which doesn't reflect his best attributes either. W
Agreed, on all counts

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) still makes too many errors for my liking. Think I’d rather 6. Dempsey 7. Hooper 8. Naisarani.

LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) is significantly better in the line out then Isi, Wallabies need to sort out their attacking line-outs out before they go up against England if they want any chance of winning.

Reactions: dru

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) is significantly better in the line out then Isi, Wallabies need to sort out their attacking line-outs out before they go up against England if they want any chance of winning.
Is it as much of a problem if Dempsey is jumping?

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Watch the Tevita Kuridrani try at 45min try if you want to see the value in having a 7 man line-out with a capable 3rd line out jumper.

Fainga'a throws to LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) at the back of the line out, off the top to White and then a quick ball to To'omua and Tevita Kuridrani coming in on an unders line. Uruguay forwards were taken out of the defensive alignment by quick ball to the last man, which meant more space in the backline for TK to get through.

Conversely against Wales, Wallabies were running 4 man line outs to mitigate the lack of a 3rd jumper, which meant more forwards in the opposition defensive line, and tries like just aren't possible

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Id say we need to sort out the ruck more than anything else.

Reactions: dru

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Watch the Tevita Kuridrani try at 45min try if you want to see the value in having a 7 man line-out with a capable 3rd line out jumper.

Fainga'a throws to LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) at the back of the line out, off the top to White and then a quick ball to To'omua and Tevita Kuridrani coming in on an unders line. Uruguay forwards were taken out of the defensive alignment by quick ball to the last man, which meant more space in the backline for TK to get through.

Conversely against Wales, Wallabies were running 4 man line outs to mitigate the lack of a 3rd jumper, which meant more forwards in the opposition defensive line, and tries like just aren't possible
I’m not disputing the benefits of a good 3rd jumper, just wondering if Dempsey is good enough in your opinion to allow us to play Naisarani?

Status
Not open for further replies.