• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2019 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudslider

Allen Oxlade (6)
Just saw the tail end of the world's shortest press conference where Clyne stated that the board is going through the process of its review and will be done by Christmas. Hope he was simply being smart arse with the last comment.

Time for Job interviews...

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
It’s laughable and RAs appetite for self harm is impressive. Today was their last opportunity to show that they were capable of taking any kind of decisive action, good or bad.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
It was one of the strangest things I have ever seen. I'm completely miffed as to why they even bothered to hold a press conference.

Mudslider

Allen Oxlade (6)
It’s what happens when leadership knows it’s over... and there is no more spin left, they postpone the inevitable... Cheika’s must have had a vote of no confidence... Need to workout who takes over for the next year... Post RWC review and take applications for a new coach...

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Here is the full statement to media o_O

DuCE334VAAA4OQx.jpg:large

Mudslider

Allen Oxlade (6)
Or they use Christmas as a distraction to keep the status quo ... Now that’s cynical, must have been watching the liberal party this week... same same

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)

Surely the parameters for the thorough review process would have been determined, as KPI's.

You receive the data from everyone and compare it to benchmarks.

I would have thought a secondary interview could be conducted within 24hrs if KPI's were not hit to give the coach, coaching staff, players and high performance unit a chance to save their jobs.

It is not hard, it is simply determining acceptable standards, if the standards are not met then find someone who can get to this standard or at least has a plan to get their.

Aurelius

Ted Thorn (20)

Back in his wilder, drug-taking days, Mick Jagger took it into his head to adopt a talking frog, which he named Kermit. Now, Kermit grew up to be a very enterprising, entrepreneurial young frog, and as soon as he became an adult he went to the bank to take out a business loan. He was introduced to the loan officer, Paddy Mack, who asked him what he was offering as collateral.

"This!" said Kermit, proudly pulling a tiny pink porcelain pig from his suit pocket.

"I see," said Paddy. "I'd better ask the manager about this." So we went to the manager and explained the situation to him, showed him the porcelain pig and asked him what it was.

The manager replied, "It's a knick-knack, Paddy Mack, give the frog a loan! His old man's a Rolling Stone!"

Hey, as long as we're filling these threads with bad jokes I thought I may as well throw in a Kerry O'Keeffe special.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
The news reports on ABC all day were that the review report had been delivered to all Board members on Friday, and that it contained among other things comments from the players indicating problems within the camp. Maybe things are even worse than any of us has suspected over the past year or two, and maybe so bad that the Board can no longer allow it to continue despite both Clyne and the Pirate publicly supporting Cheika through to the RWC.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
For the longest time I didn't think or want to believe that Cheik had lost the dressing room, but over the course of this season I've had to reconsider that view. I think he has indeed lost the players and that the search for a new interim coach should start immediately. This group, on paper, are capable of a *lot* more than they are showing in their results. When playing well they are capable of being any side in world rugby and I mean that. Something is not right.

B

Bobby Sands

Back in his wilder, drug-taking days, Mick Jagger took it into his head to adopt a talking frog, which he named Kermit. Now, Kermit grew up to be a very enterprising, entrepreneurial young frog, and as soon as he became an adult he went to the bank to take out a business loan. He was introduced to the loan officer, Paddy Mack, who asked him what he was offering as collateral.

"This!" said Kermit, proudly pulling a tiny pink porcelain pig from his suit pocket.

"I see," said Paddy. "I'd better ask the manager about this." So we went to the manager and explained the situation to him, showed him the porcelain pig and asked him what it was.

The manager replied, "It's a knick-knack, Paddy Mack, give the frog a loan! His old man's a Rolling Stone!"

Hey, as long as we're filling these threads with bad jokes I thought I may as well throw in a Kerry O'Keeffe special.

Paddy Whack.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
With the rumors of Hunt joining the Tahs, it firms my thoughts we should push to change our second play maker from 12 to the 13 position. Hunt comes into the equation because it would give us 2 genuine players i believe are big enough, strong enough, agile enough and defensively sound enough to hold the spot down, while also been able to contribute to play making duties and been the link to our back 3.

Would love to see the following by seasons end.

9. Genia
10. Cooper/Foley
11. Koroibete
12. Kerevi
13. To'omua/Hunt
14. Banks/Petaia
15. Folau

21. Gordon
22. Beale
23. Hodge

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
To'omua at 13 is really strange stuff for mine.

There is a bit of a trend slowly happening with teams selecting their 2nd play maker at the non traditional 13 spot. Saracens have recently converted 10/12 Lozowski to a 13 with great success, Exeter the same with Slade. The Hurricanes play a version of it with Jordy Barrett

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
The Hurricanes played a version of it with Jordie Barrett that was undone by locks running in a straight line. We did a similar thing with Hodge and were killed by props running in a straight line.

Slade can pull it off because of his exceptional defensive positioning and decision making. Lozowski is functionally positionless at the moment, having played every backline positon (even some time as a bloody scrumhalf) for Saracens.

To'omua is a 10 who is good enough at rugby to also play 12. He is not a Jean de Villiers who is so good at 12 that he can also play 13 and a bit of 10.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
There is a bit of a trend slowly happening with teams selecting their 2nd play maker at the non traditional 13 spot. Saracens have recently converted 10/12 Lozowski to a 13 with great success, Exeter the same with Slade. The Hurricanes play a version of it with Jordy Barrett

Always thought JOC (James O'Connor) would make a good 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.