• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2020

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Rodda was wanted and offered contracts by the Rebels, Brumbies and Force. RA said no.

I hope he comes back and goes to the Rebels who either need to restock their players (as they will be losing a bunch more) or be folded.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I would be surprised if they didn't still base the squads in Sydney and use the Rugby Australia facilities at Moore Park for some of the training periods.

Likewise, the locality of the coach hasn't mattered a whole heap in previous years. Squads have been assembled all over the place. They tend to spent the whole week in the city of a domestic test as well.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
most of them only live there for the Super Rugby season though right?

I wondered that after I posted. The Wallabies/Brumbies front row of Sio/Fainga'a/AAA as an example are all NSW origin, but do they actually live in Canberra or Sydney? In a normal year they are probably only going to get an opportunity to go 'home' from early December to early January, so I'm thinking they are probably set up in Canberra, right? What are the living arrangements for prior Wallabies camps in Sydney, would they shack up with their parents or does the squad stay together the whole time?

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Rennie has family in Queensland and it's more to do with his Wife having a support network around her then him choosing Brisbane over Sydney.. but it makes a good story

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Rennie has family in Queensland and it's more to do with his Wife having a support network around her then him choosing Brisbane over Sydney.. but it makes a good story

Right, right.

So Mrs Rennie has friends who prefered Qld, and now the Rennies are doing the same... :)

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Right, right.

So Mrs Rennie has friends who prefered Qld, and now the Rennies are doing the same. :)

Rennie's two sisters live in Brisbane.

"I want to make sure Steph has plenty of support around her. I’ve got a couple of sisters in Queensland, we’ve got lots of family, a lot of our coaching group is up there as well so their partners as well, and it made sense," Rennie said.

"No doubt I’ll still spend a bit of time in Sydney but ensuring that Steph was going to have plenty of support around her when I’m not around was important. We’re going to rent for a little while and then buy, so somewhere between Brisbane and Gold Coast."

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I'm becoming more keen on a Valetini/Hooper/Wilson back row. I'm a fan of Naisirani but Wilson's form may be too good to ignore.

Valetini brings the physicality in tight, while Wilson can work in the wider channels and run off 10 and 12. And Hooper can just be Hooper. Both can be lineout options too.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Wisemantle lives at Lennox Head and I'm sure Taylor would want to return to God's country too. Keeps them all close together.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I'm becoming more keen on a Valetini/Hooper/Wilson back row. I'm a fan of Naisirani but Wilson's form may be too good to ignore.

Valetini brings the physicality in tight, while Wilson can work in the wider channels and run off 10 and 12. And Hooper can just be Hooper. Both can be lineout options too.

I'm sure Valetini, Wright, Naisarani and Wilson will all get solid minutes against NZ to stake their claim, then we can see who rises to the next level.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
We’re going to rent for a little while and then buy, so somewhere between Brisbane and Gold Coast."

The South Side is good and all, but it's the epicentre of the covid breakout. Then you're on the wrong side for the airport and getting to Balleymoore.