• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2020

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Or if Petaia is injured 10. Lolesio 12. To'omua 13. O'Connor.

But I'd rather O'Connor actually play where he's been playing this season.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I can't understand why they never scheduled a 5th Bledisloe test. They wanted to get maximum revenue by having two on each side of the Tasman so why stop at 4?

They are playing 2 in NZ and 2 in Australia (doubling as RC matches).

Imagine if the Wallabies tied the series 2-2? NZ would retain the cup.

Fans on both sides would be extremely discontent with a drawn series.

I would be ecstatic, I am hoping for being competitive and close losses

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
All the reports of "the Wallabies are hopeful that Petaia's injury is not as serious as first thought" have me thinking that he'll be right for the first test but they're using it as an opportunity to much around with the ABs' planning.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Re Petaia, I just hope he's managed properly. The kid's got some real talent and you'd hate to see that explosive power eroded through constant injuries and poor rehab

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
Really? I thought the opposite.

Are you seriously suggesting the standard of defense in Super Rugby AU equaled that of Super Rugby Aotearoa (the toughest rugby competition ever to have spawned in the history of the game).

Could it be that the skillset and ability on attack of the NZ sides is just far beyond that of the Aussie sides? The average margin between teams in Super Rugby Aotearoa was only around 5 points. I watched all the games and the defensive structure and intensity levels of the NZ sides (after the 2nd Covid enforced off-season) was unlike anything I've seen outside of test-match rugby.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
(the toughest rugby competition ever to have spawned in the history of the game).

m6JVq593Wexdezb9ZqaQwkgyxf4CRHrWMoKYNh4qmJSrksE0IF55ZEmwddkg7bl9XPInsIwmuIpjwpXQi3hf_07jnCO2ZMuhoxzFOsRcjmf00u3Vrjoka0tJ1t5pHry_p6dZ_w-0HAu3RVD9kinQZfpMu31AEFLnWPM5EW4Lkkah840zg1epMO_SX0QGrBxpObY_amKQpq3bFGs4CFtmM8R4dVdeJ6-yUPetzitnN9oFLcQvNAbcE4OQmk0j

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Are you seriously suggesting the standard of defense in Super Rugby AU equaled that of Super Rugby Aotearoa (the toughest rugby competition ever to have spawned in the history of the game).

Could it be that the skillset and ability on attack of the NZ sides is just far beyond that of the Aussie sides? The average margin between teams in Super Rugby Aotearoa was only around 5 points. I watched all the games and the defensive structure and intensity levels of the NZ sides (after the 2nd Covid enforced off-season) was unlike anything I've seen outside of test-match rugby.

I actually thought the Aoteroa looked a bit soft.

I've been wondering if there is anyone left in NZ that can put on a big hit in defence.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Lol

NZ rugby is quickly becoming the Aus cricket of the rugby world.

Historically the best team and a skill level generally the envy of the rest of the world. But an arrogance that their shit don’t stink is quickly sweeping through the ranks. Most kiwis hate Aus cricket but when they find out they’re heading in the same direction on self importance it’ll be an eye opener for them.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

It was great rugby and we will be lucky to compete, but it ain't test rugby.

The Kiwi side don't compete hard at the ball a lot of the time, they fan out and commit few. and they then pick their moments really well to attack the ball

But that approach is why the Boks and the Poms were able to make it so hard for them at the RWC

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)

Assume this is a pisstake?

I’m interested in how teams like the Chiefs and Highlanders, who couldn’t beat Australian sides before the break, suddenly became part of the greatest comp in the history of everything after sitting on their arses for a couple of months.

Anyway, see you in the first Bledislode.

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
It was great rugby and we will be lucky to compete, but it ain't test rugby.

The Kiwi side don't compete hard at the ball a lot of the time, they fan out and commit few. and they then pick their moments really well to attack the ball

But that approach is why the Boks and the Poms were able to make it so hard for them at the RWC

We lost the semi-final because of tactically inept Hansen, it had nothing to do with the players, anyone with a brain could see that. Put Scott Robertson (the best breakdown & defense coach in the world) in charge of the All Blacks and see what happens then.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
I actually thought the Aoteroa looked a bit soft.

I've been wondering if there is anyone left in NZ that can put on a big hit in defence.

Careful now. Carry on like that and we'll have no choice but to wheel out Jake the Muss.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
why do we have to? If To'omua and JOC (James O'Connor) are in the starting team then why do we need another 10 in the squad?

I'd prefer someone like Simone or Hunter on the bench as impact or Hodge as versatility.

Lolesio needs to be blooded, JOC (James O'Connor) is place holder

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Lolesio needs to be blooded, JOC (James O'Connor) is place holder

Completely. It seems likely that we wll see both JOC (James O'Connor) and To'omua in the 15 but we really need to start blooding a future 10.If that is Lolesio, fine. Harrison, fine. But whoever needs to be fed into game time.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
We lost the semi-final because of tactically inept Hansen, it had nothing to do with the players, anyone with a brain could see that. Put Scott Robertson (the best breakdown & defense coach in the world) in charge of the All Blacks and see what happens then.

And you replaced him with.. Ian Foster.

The key reason the Wallabies can win.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
It all depends on who we have at #9. If it’s McDermott, it’s got to be JOC (James O'Connor) at #10. If we really want Lolesio to start, it’d have to be White at #9. I’d love both young guys to get playing time but I don’t think you can start both together against the ABs.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
It all depends on who we have at #9. If it’s McDermott, it’s got to be JOC (James O'Connor) at #10. If we really want Lolesio to start, it’d have to be White at #9. I’d love both young guys to get playing time but I don’t think you can start both together against the ABs.

Not Powell with Lolesio like on the weekend?