• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2020

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Agree with all of the positive comments above.

The guy I thought was really good was Bell. Not test match ready - he has some way to go there I feel, and I hope they take their time with him - but test player in waiting, without doubt IMO. Very impressive kid and I look forward to watching him develop over the next few years.

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
Agree with pretty much all of the above. I will say that our clean out work in general is sub par. Far too many turnovers from our attacking rucks (Wobs & Wob A). At Wobs level seems to be connected to how flat or wide our support players are to the ball carrier. I'm sure they will get it right in time with DR.

Also I really think Maddocks could be our long term 15 IF he can get some consistency in his play. He had the best pass on the field yesterday, also constantly putting the ball in the right position for the receiver. Those 2 passes, in particular, out wide created those line breaks by allowing the receiver to hit the ball at pace and get around the edge defender. Beautiful stuff. Awesome boot as well. Saw him kick a clearing kick from about 15m in his 22 well over the half way line on the full. I really hope he continues to work on his mental game. All the attributes of a great fullback.

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
Here's something you might find interesting.

2020 is the first year Matt Taylor hasn't been Scotland's defense coach since 2012.

This year under Steve Tandy (Waratahs defence coach 2018-2019) Scotland conceded fewer points in this year's 6N than any other side has in the past five seasons.

For reference: since 2000, Scotland have conceded an average of 124 points per Six Nations campaign. Only once, in 2006, have they conceded less than 100. Last season they conceded 125, the season before that 128.

This season they only conceded 59 points, the best defensive record of any team in the Six Nations. Even more remarkable when you consider the winner of the 6N tends to concede an average of about 70.

For the record, I was initially skeptical of Taylor's appointment as Wallabies defense coach after seeing how Scotland's defense regressed by the end of his tenure in 2019 & I was really disappointed that Tandy was simply let go by Australian rugby instead..

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Here's something you might find interesting.

2020 is the first year Matt Taylor hasn't been Scotland's defense coach since 2012.

This year under Steve Tandy (Waratahs defence coach 2018-2019) Scotland conceded fewer points in this year's 6N than any other side has in the past five seasons.

For reference: since 2000, Scotland have conceded an average of 124 points per Six Nations campaign. Only once, in 2006, have they conceded less than 100. Last season they conceded 125, the season before that 128.

This season they only conceded 59 points, the best defensive record of any team in the Six Nations. Even more remarkable when you consider the winner of the 6N tends to concede an average of about 70.

For the record, I was initially skeptical of Taylor's appointment as Wallabies defense coach after seeing how Scotland's defense regressed by the end of his tenure in 2019 & I was really disappointed that Tandy was simply let go by Australian rugby instead..

That is quite a valid point

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Does anyone recognise this guy with Uelese?

9746DE95-CCF6-4847-87AC-9255E64099E7.jpeg

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
With the two reds on the weekend, are those two likely to get further sanction or will the red cards be enough?

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Wow. I thought so. Hanging out with the Wallabies yesterday.

He's probably mates with a few of those Rebels guys and would still be in QLD post Storm win.

I wonder if he was asked by RA to hang around the Wallaby camp or whether he's just decided on a social visit.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
He's probably mates with a few of those Rebels guys and would still be in QLD post Storm win.

I wonder if he was asked by RA to hang around the Wallaby camp or whether he's just decided on a social visit.

I would've thought they were in a bubble no? Is he part of that bubble too?

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
I would've thought they were in a bubble no? Is he part of that bubble too?

He's been in the NRL bubble and back in QLD for two weeks so maybe they've classified that as safe. I'm not sure the regulations about the current Wallabies bubble, QLD is generally pretty safe at the moment so maybe it's relaxed.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)

He was out with Pone last night via his socials, which could be fraught with danger haha. I'd say he's been invited to camp to see what the environment is like and get to know some of the guys. The Rebels boys are prob his entry point for introduction given he'd know them

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
He's been in the NRL bubble and back in QLD for two weeks so maybe they've classified that as safe. I'm not sure the regulations about the current Wallabies bubble, QLD is generally pretty safe at the moment so maybe it's relaxed.

The pictures are from Sydney (Bled 4 was FIFO). The boys were having a few beers yesterday as they have a few days off as the next game isn't until 21/11. All future games are in NSW so no COVID bubble requirements.