• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2020

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
You are both right. Seems reading that, that White only started to believe in and play Hooper after he'd already decided to move to the Waratahs.

Yep. That initial conversation seemed to start the ball rolling then he changed his mind but it was too late.

To me it's a good example of how things can change quickly around player selection and contracts, thus why I referred to it.

As a side note, what does make you think is that with Hooper starting after round 4 for Ita Vaea, did it reduce the impact of Vaea's medical condition? It was in the October that year they found Vaea's clots.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Probably not the best place for it but:
Joe Powell, Pete Samu, Luke Jones, Matt Philip, Billy Meakes and Angus Cottrell have all been named in the BaaBaas squad. Also coached by Eddie Jones. Will take on a Fijian XV this weekend in London, then against Brazil in Brazil (cool) and finally a Wales XV.

Sounds like a lot of fun and not too serious. But will be exciting to see what the Australian RWC team missed out on when these six guys play.

Originally I thought that they were only taking non RWC players, giving the others a go, but Rory Best, Mapimpi & Am are all named too.

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2019/...94MvSVdyJ_z-NaPmqgwpFP748CO6XNTMKKQ0S73y1rvws

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Probably not the best place for it but:
Joe Powell, Pete Samu, Luke Jones, Matt Philip, Billy Meakes and Angus Cottrell have all been named in the BaaBaas squad. Also coached by Eddie Jones. Will take on a Fijian XV this weekend in London, then against Brazil in Brazil (cool) and finally a Wales XV.

Sounds like a lot of fun and not too serious. But will be exciting to see what the Australian RWC team missed out on when these six guys play.

Originally I thought that they were only taking non RWC players, giving the others a go, but Rory Best, Mapimpi & Am are all named too.

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2019/...94MvSVdyJ_z-NaPmqgwpFP748CO6XNTMKKQ0S73y1rvws

Great news, congrats to those players. I hope they get some solid game-time against Fiji and Wales. Brazil sounds like a great idea for a game too.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Great news, congrats to those players. I hope they get some solid game-time against Fiji and Wales. Brazil sounds like a great idea for a game too.

More than likely some good $$$$ and a massive drink

Reactions: mst

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
If they appoint Ian Foster there will be a fairly strong response from local fans, I'd imagine.......

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

Scott Robertson is an interesting option, I was listening somewhere where it was suggested that saders coach's abilities are overstated as they only have experience within a real quality program with a conveyor belt of quality units being developed

and they all struggle for a while outside that system while they learn how to coach normals

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Scott Robertson is an interesting option, I was listening somewhere where it was suggested that saders coach's abilities are overstated as they only have experience within a real quality program with a conveyor belt of quality units being developed

and they all struggle for a while outside that system while they learn how to coach normals

Isn't that an apt descriptor of the All Blacks?

Reactions: dru

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Isn't that an apt descriptor of the All Blacks?

Yeah, but when things aren't going well, does he have the tools/experience to work through it?

But really, if Jamie Joseph is available, I can't imagine a better choice

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Yeah, but when things aren't going well, does he have the tools/experience to work through it?

But really, if Jamie Joseph is available, I can't imagine a better choice
JJ and his team is a no brainer - but it definitely doesn't go the other way. Not sure why he would coach the Wallabies.

A bloke like Rennie might because he needs to make a name in test rugby.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
I note the Herald couldn't quite help themselves:

"Rennie has also been strongly linked to the Australian head coaching role vacated by Michael Cheika after the Wallabies' humiliating quarter-final exit."