• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2020

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
This is the only reason MC made it to this World Cup. Have to think hed have been sacked had there been a good replacement available.

MC had a dream contract signed after the last WC. It would have cost a lot of money that RA didn't have to pay his contract out, then replace him. Plus he doesn't need to agree to a pay out. If Cheika was fulfilling his contractual obligations, then he can't have been fired.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Maybe some of the blokes in the NRC are smaller, but Samu looks like a unit running around scoring tries. His speed and footwork are as good as Dempsey as well.

He's in the Sean McMahon/Ardie Savea mould of player............. quite dynamic for his size.

The Brumbies and Vikings also used him as a third jumper quite often despite his height.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I actually somewhat agree....

He was in dynamite form, and he had the best ball running stats of any Aus backrower - most tackle busts, metres per carry etc.

But now that Cheika's gone I would assume he'll return to the Wallabies if he continues to play like he did this year.
Yeah what was the bullshit reason he wasn't allowed in the squad? something about a wedding. yeesh.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Interesting comments from Cheika in resigning:
“It is no secret I have no relationship with the CEO and not much with the chairman,”

That was news to me at least.
He probably did oz rugby a favour with that comment as more likely now there will be an independent review conducted rather then internal review which latter never leads to real change

S

Show-n-go

Why did he leave the first time? Was he pushed or left of own accord? I was a bit too young to remember

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
If someone hasn't had a quiet "hey Eddie would you be interested" then they should be put up against the wall.

Reactions: dru

Lost

Ted Fahey (11)
Ouch? If Cooper had any idea he would have retired by now. Go boxing, plenty of cab drivers looking for a soft night out. If there is a massively flawed character in this soap opera it is Cooper. If his name was ever the answer the wrong question was being asked.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Ouch? If Cooper had any idea he would have retired by now. Go boxing, plenty of cab drivers looking for a soft night out. If there is a massively flawed character in this soap opera it is Cooper. If his name was ever the answer the wrong question was being asked.

Im sorry, but Cooper is entitled to his opinion on this subject.. It might be the wrong opinion, but he has earned the right at least

Lost

Ted Fahey (11)
Im sorry, but Cooper is entitled to his opinion on this subject.. It might be the wrong opinion, but he has earned the right at least

Everyone’s entitled to an opinion, they also get that opinion weighed against their own conduct.